Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Both :), I have a Bredli at the moment but plan on getting a RSP once I can get a class II licence...

As someone who has both, side by side in the same Melamine enclosure, I'd probably go with.
Um.

I don't actually know.
But the roughie does have such nice eyes....

I find it amazingly interesting to see that so many people are going for RSPs.
Don't get me wrong I love them and am picking one up tomorrow morning. However, the RSP is a snake that not many people have in their colections. In contrast a bredli is in almost every collection.

So either the bredli lovers haven't replied and all the RSP people have or there is a reason they aren't being purchased by everyone.

Don't get me wrong I love them and am picking one up tomorrow morning. However, the RSP is a snake that not many people have in their colections. In contrast a bredli is in almost every collection.

So either the bredli lovers haven't replied and all the RSP people have or there is a reason they aren't being purchased by everyone.
I think that the RSP is a very underrated snake in the hobby but it is fast becoming the popular snake to get. I do not know how long this popularity will last but it is a noticeable trend. I love the colour the eyes the shape and I find the long teeth an interesting fact and an added bonus instead of a negative thing. Also in the short time that I have had mine I have found him to have an interesting personality and almost as moody as my GTP. I also think that they have an interesting natural history.

Thanks everyone, i Wound up with another coastal.... Pretty little lined male. I didn't see any roughies and only one or two little bredli hatchies. I'm happy with the coastal though, he's way more chilled out than the one I already have :)

Sent from my HTC Velocity 4G using Tapatalk

Congrats and post some pictures when you get a chance. I am sure you have yourself a great snake.

What's more easily available? RSP don't do it for me but I have to say one would be nice if I had the room , they r fantastic to look at, as r a big bredli being an impressive part of a collection... If u have breeding plans then u can't keep them all ;)... Unless u live on ya own ha ha

Don't get me wrong Bredl's are a great snake but to me they are really just a very colourful carpet. Ok, an awesomely coloured carpet with lots of red thrown in.
Their behaviours and look are not really that different from a coastal.

RSP's on the other hand have quite unique behaviours, night time colour change, generally calm dispositions, unique scales for a python and an interesting natural/captive history. Only real downside is they are a pretty bland coloured snake. Not a huge amount of variation but to me all the other differences make up for that.

i was going to add if you went for a Bredl's you may be just as happy with a really nice coastal. Some crackers out there but then I noticed that you've already made that decision.

At the end of the day it's what appeals to you. Everyone's reasons for liking certain species are different.

Post some pictures when you can.

Don't get me wrong Bredl's are a great snake but to me they are really just a very colourful carpet. Ok, an awesomely coloured carpet with lots of red thrown in.
Their behaviours and look are not really that different from a coastal.

RSP's on the other hand have quite unique behaviours, night time colour change, generally calm dispositions, unique scales for a python and an interesting natural/captive history. Only real downside is they are a pretty bland coloured snake. Not a huge amount of variation but to me all the other differences make up for that.

i was going to add if you went for a Bredl's you may be just as happy with a really nice coastal. Some crackers out there but then I noticed that you've already made that decision.

At the end of the day it's what appeals to you. Everyone's reasons for liking certain species are different.

Post some pictures when you can.

I really like the colour and in person I found it to be even better but I guess all snakes are better in person.

I'll get a better pic in a week or so, after he's settled in a bit :)
u8uha4yt.jpg

Sent from my HTC Velocity 4G using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back