2014 Victorian Herpetological Society Show - Royal Melbourne Showgrounds - Feb 22nd.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be the stupid looking youth swinging around a fancy camera with a packets of feeders under one arm and a breeding pair of something I brought on the spur of the moment in the other!

I probably won't make it (again) this year. It is the only chance I have to catch up with a friend while I'm down here. Maybe one year I will actually make it to an expo. :(

The expo doors will be open soon.
There will be some knob tail geckos there at Neil Sonnemann's breeders table that are priced to sell. They will sell quick, so be on the lookout.

Great to meet up with a couple of forum members and put faces to the names. Thanks for the warm welcome!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

If anyone has any photos of the expo please share!

Due to licence troubles i was limited to what i could get,
but still ended up bringing home a pair of adult New England Cunninghams, and a nice Kimberley Bluetongue :)

Don't mention licence troubles. I have to ask what was the point of the Vic permit unit being there if they weren't doing permits? We organized our import permit beforehand but apparently it was too hard for them to bring export permit forms.

Don't mention licence troubles. I have to ask what was the point of the Vic permit unit being there if they weren't doing permits? We organized our import permit beforehand but apparently it was too hard for them to bring export permit forms.

well thats just a bit stupid!, you'd think they would have forms for every licence and/or permit! :/

i was hoping to pick up a coal black Bluey, but i only saw one and it was already sold! bit of a let down, but oh well it was still a good day!

Please tell me it was a terrible day! Just to make me feel better about missing it ! Lol

Actually didn't find it all that great compared to previous years. Still was a few good looking animals but got quite turned off at one stage seeing a young jag with obvious neuro issues

I bought a Thick-Tail Gecko with a regenerated tail did anyone see that baby tiger quoll black snake had it was so cute.

It didn't really have much variety, I remember being pairs of Southern or eastern spiny taild gex for 200,last year. everything was so overpriced and not many people were was selling female knobbies. But I still enjoyed it.

Not everything was overpriced. We picked up a pair of black and yellow jungle hatchies for a good price. And a couple of books cheaper because we bought two.
Just a bugger about the lack of export permits.

Last edited:
Definitely not as much variety as previous years, and the new venue did feel a bit cramped!
still was worth the drive tho!

Was an awesome day. There were heaps of bargains but you had to have a keen eye. I saw a jelly bean Levis for half the cost.Did anyone see how big that Olive was?

Dan

Was an awesome day. There were heaps of bargains but you had to have a keen eye. I saw a jelly bean Levis for half the cost.Did anyone see how big that Olive was?

Dan

the big fat one? that was almost black? that thing was huuugggge!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back