I need some tips Regarding Woma's

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

digby

Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

I am new to Reptiles, I own a 1 year old Spotty and 2 Blue tongues, I am thinking of buying a woma and have been looking on the Forum on this site and noticed there are a lot of people with womas.

I would like a few tips about keeping them, also I would like to know about the different types.

Thanks

Tom

Thanks guys. I am in the process of making my enclosure and was thinking about something 1200x600x600 for an adult woma.I Will be purchasing a hutchling but not sure what area I will get baby from.I will put hatchling in click clack container for about six months inside large enclosure if that is ok to do all the help you can give me is very much appreciated .

We just got our 1st Woma late last year. We love her and such a personality on her. You will find a difference to the spotted's we did. We have 2 older spotted's and the woma was def a bit different to those 2. I wouldn't trade any of our snakes as they are all awesome and love all 3. We have a Tanami woma and she is beautiful. Would recommend Woma's to anyone. We googled most of our info on them and also posted on here most people are more then happy to help. Good luck when/if you get one :)

So far from reading around and caring for our Woma I've found woma's are a great snake to keep, they have great temperments, don't grow huge, so ours is in a 4ft tank.

Our one loves to climb, even as a bub she'd climb to rest up on the glass edges and middle bit a glass lid can rest on up top of the tank and still does, she regularly also sleeps under the newspaper, her rack (back then her 2 hides) and on the heat pad.

She takes to curling up and hiding under the paper/her rack coming up to a shed but usually sleeps on the shelves of the rack or up top of the tank most of the time.

We've given her some variety in settings, she used to have 2 hides and a big 2 branched stick in there with newspaper (she is a little clumsy getting down from the top), a heat pad and water, now she has a 2 shelved rack on wheels with newspaper and the heat pad and water.

Next change will be a hollow log for her to winter in like our blue tongues have, just got to find one big enough as she is now about 4.5ft long.

Thanks again guys .The womas do sound like great pythons.I will definitely be getting one about this time next year hopefuly a hatchling.I like the tanami line and the Uluru type but they are all beautiful in there own right and sound like they are a lot of fun

Thanks again
Tom

I have both Uluru and tanamis. I personally like the Ulurus more are they have dark contrasting bands. The tanamis are also nice with oranges, golds and caramels. It comes down to personal preference.

There is a bit of size difference with Ulurus around 1.8m and tanamis around 1.5m.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back