2014 Victorian Herpetological Society Show - Royal Melbourne Showgrounds - Feb 22nd.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OmGOSH @turtle did you sell her? If you didn't pm me please? I want her!!

Sorry Tahnia, actually sold him at the very end. I think everyone thought he was a display animal. I was really proud of him for tolerating so many people that wanted to hold him and take photos. Hehe

Thanks to everyone who came over to the ExoTerra / ZooMed booth - lots of friendly faces and comments kept us super busyView attachment 306068 all day. There were 4500 people who visited so in my mind a great success. We prefer the new venue, a much nicer feel without the huge glass windows...

A great expo... I thought it filled the hall nicely and the stage area and sound were much better than in the previous venue.

Lots of things to see and, like others have already said, it's something really aimed at people who are thinking of getting into reptiles or in the early stages of reptile mania. The looks on some of the kids' faces sitting at the shows were, to me, the true measure of the success of the day. I am sure a lot of young people left with a new interest in scaley things, and many of them will hold onto that for good.

I thought it was a terrible day, I didn't see any reptiles for sale at all.

Admittedly, I wasn't there, unfortunately a job interview/psych test day won out over the expo, so the lack of reptiles isn't really surprising. Luckily I'd already taken the day off work for the expo, so was able to make the job interview, but couldn't do both as the job was in Sale, and the testing went for about 6 hours. If I don't get the job I'll be really mad about missing the expo.
I'm very disappointed to hear about the number of Lacies for sale, I wanted one of those :(
I couldn't afford one anyway, so it's not so bad I guess.
There's always next year!

[MENTION=3008]turtle[/MENTION] we're not happy either. We were talking to your girlfriend about the MD and what fantastic markings he has. Would've bought him on the spot if we'd known (sorry Tahnia lol)

did anyone see that baby tiger quoll black snake had it was so cute.

Did you get a pat of him? We weren't going to bring him to the expo but I had used him for a job the night before and we wanted to give him some loving for the day. He actually loves to be in our arms. He is the most relaxed when we hold him and he goes straight to sleep after a few nibbles of our hand.

I wish I couldve seen more of the expo but we had a show elsewhere so we split up our team between the two. I only got to see some of the morning when I dropped off the quoll.

Pics or it didnt happen

Theres just no pleasing everyone,my hats off to vhs and the folk whom get these expos going,wernt for these folk there wouldnt be an expo to sook about

If what your after isnt there,get it elsewhere

Any large gathering of likeminded folk is only a good thing

Promotes the hobby

All of us at Amazing Amazon had a fantastic day!

Did you get a pat of him? We weren't going to bring him to the expo but I had used him for a job the night before and we wanted to give him some loving for the day. He actually loves to be in our arms. He is the most relaxed when we hold him and he goes straight to sleep after a few nibbles of our hand.

I wish I couldve seen more of the expo but we had a show elsewhere so we split up our team between the two. I only got to see some of the morning when I dropped off the quoll.
Yes he we got to he was so cute and he licked his face, so adorable.

The expo was a great success, and thanks to the VHS for organising the event each year.
I met up with some old herpers and sold out of geckos, well worth coming each year.
See you all again next expo. Some photos of the day and a couple images of the geckos sold by us, including a Black Line N.levis.
View attachment 306085 View attachment 306086 View attachment 306087

View attachment 306088 View attachment 306089 View attachment 306090
View attachment 306090 View attachment 306091

Could you resend images as I dont think they worked.

Dan

Personally, I thought the Expo was everything it could and should be. It was really well run and there was quite a variety of stuff there for sale and on display. What more could you want for your $10?

Those prone to negative comments - and clearly they want everyone to know it - really need to reconsider their expectations. Did they seriously think that breeders have been surreptitiously stockpiling all their best animals throughout the year, just so they could sell them at the Expo for two-thirds of their market value?!

Get a grip on reality, haters!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back