Uv LED strip lighting...

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

xAshx

Not so new Member
Reaction score
I'm almost finished building my 2 new enclosures for my beardies, just wondering if I used the purple uv led strip lighting, would it be sufficient for their uv intake, or should I still use my Fluro fitting? I just wondered as I have 10m of the uv strip lighting here...cheers...

I was not aware that you could produce UV from LED lights. Are you sure that they are UV producing?

Edit: A quick google search showed that they do exist but I am unsure of the amount of UV produced.

Last edited:
If its blue light UV then it is the wrong type and is not healthy for the dragons. It needs to have an UVB output to have any benefit.

This is all I could find - UV LED Strip - VOLKA Lighting Pty Ltd.

These are UVA lights. UVB has to be within 280nm to 320nm (Wavelength). Apparently also at these wavelengths, LEDs have a short lifetime - about 4000hrs. UVC is about 100hrs. Not sure how often you would have them on, but say 12hrs a day, you will get just under a year of life out of the LEDs - that's if you find UVB LEDs to begin with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back