Jags

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Whealy

Not so new Member
Reaction score
I'll be in the market for a jag soon I know what I want and what I like but I am unsure on what traits they are priced by. ( no I don't want the v12 variety with doors an wheels )

I have seen many for sale some that I like that are around the 8/900 mark and some that don't interest me at all that are well over 1k.

So basically just wondering what I should be looking for in regards to prices and how they come up with their figures.

Now ow I know there are many out there that don't like jags , morphs or mixes this isn't a thread for arguing about that please.

U need to define what sort of Jag as in what % being the higher of what Morelia species ??

9dd0051bac2ca79260323ad0f822218a.jpg

Looks like a strong influence of Darwin there but I'm sure someone will correct me

Yeah I'm unsure I'm no professional on species or genetics or % and what not just know what I like lol

Bredli jags r similar but to me that has a good % of sumat else... Stabbing at Darwin.... Where ya get that pic... Didn't it say?

Nah it's a pic I have had for a lil while can't remember where I got it from was when I was naive an thought it was a readily available snake

Yeah I have a bad habit of that lol all the stuff I like turns out to be worth a fortune but I rekkon it be worth it

I think Jag prices are based mostly on the look of the individuals, not like other pythons, where every python in the clutch has the same price.

For instance, I bought this Jag two years ago for $175 (the breeder couldn't get him to eat, but he got over that quickly).

The other Jags from the same clutch, sold for various prices, ranging from $600-$2000.
I think it's hard to give a average price for Jags, as they vary so much.

I was thinking that it had some coastal in it but I am also no expert.

These are not my snakes or photos but the first one is called a supper caramel jag and the second is a coastal jag.
7ejehute.jpg
pese5asy.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

This may help.

Attachments

• 1614099_10151819319892610_1403973260_o.jpg
    1614099_10151819319892610_1403973260_o.jpg
    177.8 KB · Views: 156
I personally don't see why the are so expensive. But that's just me. I feel that pretty soon the market will be flooded with all these different jags and mixes and you won't be able to give them away.

There will always be a market for 'pretty snakes'

But to maintain the current prices its no use just tossing a jag in with something ordinary and hoping for the best

Using looks alone as the only criteria top quality jags still stand out and will remain as stand outs for the immediate future

Too many jag free lines are coming on line recently that compete strongly with average jags

High end jags will keep their price
Low end jags will end up almost worthless

From what I can find it says it's a red/hypo diamond jungle. I won't post the link invade of forum rules but if you google jag snake an then click on images you will see that pic

I'm pretty sure I saw one like the one you posted up [MENTION=38630]Whealy[/MENTION] on fb recently. I'll have a look on fb and PM you later.

Some jags are pretty but most are fairly average IMO, same as sibs and hybrids. Same with pure carpets, some are nice, some are not.

Yeah I'm unsure I'm no professional on species or genetics or % and what not just know what I like lol

Hi Whealy, This is a pic of one of my yearling boys, his father is a pure coastal Jag from SXR & his mother is a pure Jungle from Colin's line....looks pretty close to your pic, I have male & female, both the same.

cheers,
Paul

Attachments

• Jag 50% Jungle (7).JPG
    Jag 50% Jungle (7).JPG
    519.8 KB · Views: 73
Last edited by a moderator:
Is there any guarantee what is in any jags?.... NO very doubtful... But at the end of the day come 75% this and bla bla bla% that as long as u know some back ground eg. Jungle / bredli / coastal and u r happy with the look then it's all good...jags r here to stay and they will be worked on for the look of the snake for the market buyer... I'm with the sign of the times... I love the pures but I also respect the morph industry... Don't cut me down cause if u don't own a JAG don't COMMENT

Pete

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back