Ridge Tail Monitor problem

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trent005722

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi guys. Couldnt find anything online. But hes eating fine and acting normal except he seems to open his mouth and gasp for air every now and then. He had dirt in his nostrils which I cleaned out. But the main problem is he seems to be secreting ALOT of saliva. Like it oozes out the sides of his mouth giving him a constant dirt beard around his lips. Anyone tell me whats wrong.
Hes in a 1.4mx1.4mx40cm enclosure with lots of hiding places. Potting mix:sand 30:70. Has a heat cord and light. Is next to a window which is open to a fly screen for uvb as the enclosure is open top so he gets uv in the arvos.
Thankyou

Respritory infection?
whats the basking temp?

If it has that much mucus id take it to the vet for a start, sound like to could be a little beyond just upping the temp and seeing how it goes.

As for the temp is up it to atleast 60, but people with more experience im sure will add some advice.
I have my hottest parts 60-70

What are your ambient temps? I keep mine at around 25-35c ambient with hot basking spots (50-70c).

Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back