Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My adult brother brought his friends and their kids over to "play" with my snakes. I made up some story as to why I couldn't get them out. I don't know these folks and boy did they get narky at me! I'm all for letting my friends handle them when I think the time is okay but really? Or am I being unreasonable ? One boy only shed yesterday and needed a his first bath to remove a small patch of shed off. I thought he'd had enough stress for one day lol

You weren't unreasonable at all, I have only let select friends handle my snakes for short periods of time. If I was faced with that position, regardless of whether my snakes were well or not, I would be chasing them out of my home with a large stick! Some people are just stupid.

Someone in our street thought it was a good idea to give their little girl a megaphone to play with. We've been hearing that for the last couple of months.

- - - Updated - - -

My adult brother brought his friends and their kids over to "play" with my snakes. I made up some story as to why I couldn't get them out. I don't know these folks and boy did they get narky at me! I'm all for letting my friends handle them when I think the time is okay but really? Or am I being unreasonable ? One boy only shed yesterday and needed a his first bath to remove a small patch of shed off. I thought he'd had enough stress for one day lol

Why should they get angry because you want to be considerate to your animals? I think you did the right thing, some people just don't realise that snakes aren't like dogs and cats, they need to be treated differently and aren't toys. If they can't respect your concern for your animals I'd say they're the ones that have the problem. It also seems rude to me that they assumed before speaking to you that they could handle the animals.

I just ordered a load of new tools at work. Looks like I'll be getting a second Christmas in March :D

Love going to other peoples bathroom and changing the toilet roll to the correct and easier way.... Jeeez how hard can it be ;)

Ok, my turn....

People who obviously can't spell and don't care!
-Buy a dictionary or get an app.

People who type "lol"
-Do you say it too?

People who ask for a snake ID.
-Seriously there are so many snake ID sites, don't be so lazy!

People who need advice after buying a reptile.
-Please, the internet, and these things that have been around for a couple of years called books, not quite sure when they started. Most likely before stupid people were allowed pets!

People who just have no bloody idea!!!!!!!!!!!
-Get a new hobby!!!!!!!!! (knitting is good).

Ok, my turn....

People who obviously can't spell and don't care!
-Buy a dictionary or get an app.

People who type "lol"
-Do you say it too?

People who ask for a snake ID.
-Seriously there are so many snake ID sites, don't be so lazy!

People who need advice after buying a reptile.
-Please, the internet, and these things that have been around for a couple of years called books, not quite sure when they started. Most likely before stupid people were allowed pets!

People who just have no bloody idea!!!!!!!!!!!
-Get a new hobby!!!!!!!!! (knitting is good).

Agree with all of the above but the snake I'D. Even with ID sites and lots of pics on the internet a person who isn't used to IDing snakes can get it wrong. Posting in the ID forum or on facebook is normally a good way to get a decent ID.

Although there are a lot of people who guess on fb a consensus is normally reached.

Love going to other peoples bathroom and changing the toilet roll to the correct and easier way.... Jeeez how hard can it be ;)

As long as the right way is with the toilet paper hanging over the top with the print showing. ;)

On another note...

Back to work today, to earn back all the money I spent on holidays.

Took me a while to get used to some of the online lingo including lol, now it's second nature and yes I do say it out aloud as I'm not much of a laughing person, so saying lol is easier and still get's the message across that something is funny.

Yeah I agree on the mobile phones while the wedding is happening, like in a cinema I turn mine off.

I'll tell you all two things that really makes my blood boil....

First thing: When I go to the petrol station on a hot day to fill up, and I have to park behind another car and wait for them to finish before I can use the pump. But instead of that person simply fuelling up, running in to pay, and then running back out (because they are aware that there is someone behind them waiting to use the pump) jumping in their car and driving off, they decide they are going to do their weekly shopping inside as well. So they take their damn time buying everything they need, sometimes taking a good 15 minutes, while more cars join the queue for the pump. We all sit in our cars sweating in the scorching summer sun, and then finally an idiot casually strolls out with bags of stuff in both hands, takes their time loading it into their car, slowly gets into their car and slowly drives off completely unaware of the long line cars that have built up behind them all that time. It really makes me mad. When you buy petrol, and you need to do some shopping, then go and pay for the petrol, then come back outside, move you car to a parking space and then go back inside to do your shopping. Don't leave you car at the pump, making the rest of us wait in the hot sun. I feel like taking a baseball bat to people that do this.

Second thing: When I have to stop behind a dozen cars for a red arrow at the traffic lights, and after waiting for what seems like forever, the lights change to a green arrow and the first car in line slowly makes the turn at a snails pace, ensuring that only 3-4 other cars make the turn before the lights turn amber. So the rest of us remain stuck at the lights for what seems like eternity. When I am first in line, I make the turn as fast as I can because I am aware of all the cars behind me, and I want to give as many of them a chance to make the turn before the lights turn amber. But I guess some people just have no decency, or are completely in their own tiny world.

Last edited:
Trying to not be single and owning reptiles. For my age bracked the two seem to be incompatiable.

Wow our daughter just came home from school ----- Funny it finished at 3;00pm YESTERDAY !!!!!:evil:

People who judge without seeing both sides, I do not like it............

I hate this too! I believe it's extremely important to make sure you have all the facts even if one side of a story seems convincing. I've fallen into that trap before and then felt horrible when I looked into it properly and saw how much I had wrong. It's definitely not a mistake I want to make again. The major problem with things like this is that sometimes gathering all the facts can be a long and difficult process, and many people can't be bothered and make judgements quickly. It's a human thing to do but since it can go so wrong I wish people would take the time.

I hate this too! I believe it's extremely important to make sure you have all the facts even if one side of a story seems convincing. I've fallen into that trap before and then felt horrible when I looked into it properly and saw how much I had wrong. It's definitely not a mistake I want to make again. The major problem with things like this is that sometimes gathering all the facts can be a long and difficult process, and many people can't be bothered and make judgements quickly. It's a human thing to do but since it can go so wrong I wish people would take the time.
Yes, I learned it is very human to judge, but I believe it is imperative to look at both sides of the coin. Sometimes too People like the excitement of the seeing the worst in a story. It can make themselves or their life feel/look better, never mind it is learning experiences whatever side of the pineapple you're on ;)

Try having a partner that isn't too keen about animals and a kid that is allergic to cats... I have 3.
I have found it is better to be single than having some-one whining about my Reptiles/animals and trying to enforce their will over mine in whether I get more or not! The allergy issue I fix with allergy meds(Daughter is allergic to pollen's though not Kitties) I am doomed to singledom lol(surrounded by reptiles though so I am happier)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back