Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BIGBANG

Reaction score
I have recently developed a new respect for breeders and why they can appear short when you make enquires. I'm not a breeder but I have an adult pair of bredli and a trio of sugar gliders up for sale at the moment and I can't believe the crap you gotta put up with, had the bredli sold pretty much got prices on freight for them bought a tub to ship them in got times on flights only to be told his missus said no, then ya get them ones that want payment plans, then ya get ones that ask for photos even tho you have some on ya adds, and that's just for the snakes, the gliders have bought the best ones in, people enquiring about weather I have babies for sale, or emails starting with "I'm not interested but....." Had one that didn't want the enclosure , ok I'll do that work out a price agreed on then will you take $100 a week...NO will you take $150 a week...No, oh ok will you just sell me a pair instead of all 3 NNNNOOOO I won't. Then get cranky when you tell them to stop wasting ya time! Anyway my new adds now start with NO TIME WASTERS, yes you require a licence for these animals, no I don't do payment plans AND FOR CHRIST SAKE IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE MONEY DO NOT ENQUIRE ABOUT THESE ANIMALS!!!!!!

Last edited:
How about a swap --- a small Kenyan bank for the lot ??:lol:

If I was to undertake breeding or something similar where bartering was likely, I would likely state my terms in the ad - no trades, no cash - no sale, no payment plans, etc. Then you say that emailing/messaging/calling with a query indicates your acceptance of these terms and emails/messages will not be replied to if they refer to the aforementioned.

This way you can quickly see how many people actually read the ad or at least understand it. Then you don't need to reply or feel guilt that you haven't replied - because they broke the "contract" :)

I understand that sometimes you want to just take what you can get, but to save some heartache and your time, this can help out a lot.

If I was to undertake breeding or something similar where bartering was likely, I would likely state my terms in the ad - no trades, no cash - no sale, no payment plans, etc.

Mate, that's exactly how I operate. Having a pretty extensive web site that detailes EVERYTHING, I still get emails like "what have got and how much". Keep on smiling. :)

Hahaha tell me about I'm just selling off some of my rats for five dollars each with an extensive description and six photos and still get ppl asking for me to take photos of each individual rat. Hahah can't be serious their only five dollars lol

Yep its the photo collectors that can be annoying and those that you know are fishing for another party ,just say no thanks to trades unless its something i actually want.

I love the seller's on here, I have only had problems with the one who I dub as Mitey Girl lol 99% of the seller's I have dealt with have been wonderful. Jelly bean for all of you, and for all the time wasters and Noddies you deal with a big nasty scowl lol and the rough end of a pineapple :twisted:

Beside selling the odd snake here & there I had my first year of being a "breeder" last year and I too was amazed at some of the requests or even people that flat out lie to you, saying they have a license, only to meet them, take the money, hand over the snake and then have to hand them back again when they admit they don't have a license.
As far as people inquiring though, I don't really have a problem with it. Part and parcel with selling things I reckon.

Hi,
Please PM further details of your item.
I am an enginer and work on an offsore oel rig. I am buying thise items as a geft. You do not ned to wory about shipping as I will be using a shiping agent who will colect the items on my behalv. I will be using PayPal to purchase thise itams, but I will need you to forwar on $1000 to my shiping agent via Western Unon once you have receeved your funds. I will pay extra for the trouble. My shipin agent is based in Australia, but the company is in Nigeria.
Please get back to me ASAP so I can get this orgenized.
Thanx

:)

Hi,
Please PM further details of your item.
I am an enginer and work on an offsore oel rig. I am buying thise items as a geft. You do not ned to wory about shipping as I will be using a shiping agent who will colect the items on my behalv. I will be using PayPal to purchase thise itams, but I will need you to forwar on $1000 to my shiping agent via Western Unon once you have receeved your funds. I will pay extra for the trouble. My shipin agent is based in Australia, but the company is in Nigeria.
Please get back to me ASAP so I can get this orgenized.
Thanx

:)

Yep had that one tried on me too.

I'm going to defend payment plans, as I am part way through one, and have bought one of my previous snakes through payment plan. Saying that, they are both near $1000 snakes; it it was
$500 or less I can understand not wanting to do payment plans.

i honestly think sellers can be too cagey these days, i see hundreds of adds saying PM or text for pics then complaints about pic collectors! i for one wouldnt buy anything i havent seen and kicked the crap out of its tyres, people seem to think if they put a high price on something people wont ask many questions and assume its good quality, but really how am i going to know what im handing you money for unless i ask you 101 questions

l tell them the banks do payment plans not me, l take a couple of pics post them on my website and suggest they look there first and then if they are still interested "then we go to the next stage". solar 17 ~B~

Didn't even realise sellers would do payment plans, could have already been breeding a few of things I'm keen on getting into and breeding.

Heck no, would make sure I had $30+ for the 1st payment, would be limited to $20 fortnightly payments though (we budget heavily), so would only try to organise it for critters $150 and below.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back