Keeping beardies in outdoor enclosure

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kyle199

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hey guys sorry if this has been posted before
i am current in the midst of building a new home and was considering building a newoutdoor enclosure when I move there.

i already have one at current house that houses 2x eastern water dragons, nice and big with pond all all.
my question is tho how would a beardie go In an outdoor enclosure with it facing north so gets a fair amount of sunlight
in nsw about 2hrs north of sydney
would it cope with all natural so no added heating etc? If set up nicely with good rocks that absorb heat etc

My other question is has anyone ever housed water dragons and bear dies in a same enclosure ? Being big around 3-4m long x 2m deep x 1.8m high?

i am considering attempting housing some together abviously around the same age etc tho

opinions/advice would be great

My central beardie is living fine with my 2 water dragons outside. They totally ignore each other.
He has a nice enclosure inside but I put him out there during summer and he loves it, considering making his own outdoor enclosure in front of my sons window.

As soon as it rains to goes swimming in the pond, no other time, just when it rains.

I was about to start a new thread when I read this one. I already knew that beardies, water dragons and bluetongues can co-exist in a large enough outdoor enclosure, but what about any of the smaller monitor species?

i have seen ridge tailed monitors and central beardies in zoo exhibits before although they were in a indoor not outdoor

OK then. I was actually thinking of storr's or pygmies, so I guess it's a yes then.

My central beardie is living fine with my 2 water dragons outside. They totally ignore each other.
He has a nice enclosure inside but I put him out there during summer and he loves it, considering making his own outdoor enclosure in front of my sons window.

As soon as it rains to goes swimming in the pond, no other time, just when it rains.

Bearded dragons absolutely love the rain, mine all break their necks wanting to go puddle paddling when it poors, funny stuff.

Ahh cool thanks for you input guys looks like I may have to look into getting a couple juvie beardies when I move house
i think the enclosure will definitely be big enough to house them all
was just worried about natural heating etc weather it would be sufficient for them

It wouldn't be hard to set up a asking spot with a heat globe or spottie if it wasn't warm enough for them. People have done this in cooler areas in their outdoor enclosures.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back