Possible Inclusion Body Disease? Please help.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

EmmaPowell

Reaction score
Hello,

I am am hoping someone can help.

The facts prior to issues- My Bredlis( yearlings) have both been treated with mites( Mac Mite Insecticide) I have used it before so I followed instructions correctly as per usual, I didn't spray on reptile or anything of the sort.

Current symptoms.

Initially started as head wobble/spasm and then the jaw kept opening and spasming and the tongue flickering was
not happening, this occurred quite a lot. I just kept an eye on him to see if things got worse. It then escalated to lethargy and what looks like partial paralysis in the bottom half of his body( he has weed and poo'd on me every time I have picked him up, and had a strange soft spot down towards the end of his spine about the length of three to four centimeters long. When I hold him and he tries to move round the head and neck/back area rolls around uncontrollably, like he has no control over what the body does. I have offered food, water etc. doesn't seem to be Interested.

Other notes-

I had another Bredli( from the same clutch) who looks much healthier in the tank with him( currently in shed) he doesn't seem
to be showing similar symptoms although I didn't notice any tongue flickering from him this morning when I inspected him. I have now deprecated them.

If anyone has any information or ideas on what it could be please reply or post links. I have googled things trying to find information but nothing seem to be directly relating to the symptoms.

Thanks in advance.

Sounds like chemical poisoning. I get that you followed instructions..but if I encountered those symptoms, thats the first thing I'd treat for.

I thought that too, but I wasn't exactly sure because there where so many different symptoms.. Hopefully I can find some information, if not I hope he can hold on until I can take him to the herp vet. They're so expensive here. Poor little bugger.

you should get him out of the enclosure and wash him down then put him in a clean tub with air holes till you get him to the vet. if it is poisoning/ toxic's from the spray he would have caught it from the enclosure and it would be all over him.

the other python is fine?

i have used the same spray before on adult and yearling pythons with no problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back