Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Spotted pythons are harmless, they don't have the strength to choke you.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
his having a joke , sarcasm doesn't come across 2 well on here sometimes

to the original question , i think it really depends on the temperment of the particular snake . a 2m nice and healthy coastal can get you a little tied up if there annoyed enough , a second person probably isnt a necessity in this situation but from my experience it definitely helps

however there are some no brainers like big scrubbys that should never be handled alone though

Personally I wouldn't let any snake climb/wrap around my neck. The can feel the pulse, blood flow etc. and it will initiate a feed response. If this happens around your wrist then fine but why you would want a snake wrapped around your neck is beyond me.
Remember Michael Hutchence?

I let 6ft carpets around my neck, just not across my throat.
there's a big difference in having a snake draped over you then having one right around your whole neck.
my two cents anyway
- Liam

When relocating scrubbies I usually reckon on anything over 3M requires a second person on hand in case. Depends a bit on temperament I have had wild scrubbies a little over 2M give me a run for my money.

de4e3y3e.jpg

I was more than comfortable with my daughter holing this olive. Albeit in a zoo.

Your pet's health and happiness, isn't just a responsibility, it should be your priority.

Depends on the snake but things can get out of hand. I once had two olives, both over 3 metres, out when the phone rang, I answered it and both snakes saw something in my hand and grabbed it. Both arms bound up with their teeth in my hand locked inside the garage...

I agree with Lonqui, all pythons have their own personality, i have large carpets and will not hesitate to put them around my shoulders, but my mate owns a giant olive and she wants to start constricting as soon as she comes out of the enclosure, at least two experienced handlers is needed for her.

It seems for many people wearing a snake like a scarf is almost automatic, I don't really see the necessity in placing them around the neck or over the shoulders, I generally hang them from my arms.

I think more about the prospect of being bitten on the face, I don't fancy being bitten anywhere near the eyes by either a Green or a Rough scaled.

I used to let my Pythons drape around my neck..... I guess it is what you're comfortable with, now they are older/bigger I tend to drape them over my arms and removable perch(log) With the jungles it is because they can still lunge sometimes and I dont want them near my face(vanity/intelligence?) with my Coastals and Bredli it is because it is easier to have them wrap around my arms as I take them outside for some ground time.

I have a 3 pythons all between 10 to 12ft.. the Diamond and the carpet I've got no issue with and trust them not to strangle me except to get the carpet out i like 2 people there because she is cage conscious and when the enclosure door opens she strikes and wraps but my Olive is always 2 people because I've had a close call with him before when I was on my own... Think it depends on the each person and their confidence

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back