Good Books on the care of Woma's

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RickardGrimes

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm thinking about getting a Woma, as a first snake since they seem to be so highly recommended on the forums and i think they are probably second to only a BHP in looks, though they are quite similar but anyway, I'm posting to see if anyone can recommend a good book on there care since that would be far more detailed then any website. I don't want to spend anymore than $30 on it but if you guys think there is one that costs more but is worth it i will definitely take a look. If you could post a link on where to get it that would be extra helpful.

Thanks in advance
-Tim

- - - Updated - - -

Also if anyone can tell me what locality this python is that would be helpful cause they are my favourite
http://pythons1.com.au/itemimages/1221690409thumb.jpg
it is from Python1 website.

Last edited:
Hi Tim,

the snake looks like an Uluru.

Care of Australian Reptiles in Captivity should tell you what you need, however Chris Williams from Snake ranch has just authored a book on reptile keeping and I will bet womas are covered...Hit up Geckodan on here for a copy, I know he will be stocking them.

Cheers,
Scott

G'day Tim,

Good books are invaluable, and are much cheaper than fixing any problems that a good book will help prevent. I might be a little biased though!

The title you need is the only one that deals with all aspects of the husbandry and breeding of Australian pythons - aptly titles "Keeping and Breeding Australian Pythons". Each chapter was authored by experts on that particular species and edited by a veteran herpetologist from Melbourne Zoo, so you know it's quality and you will have information on every species of python that you may acquire in the future (you won't stop at just one python).

You can purchase it here - http://www.herpbooks.com.au/cms/hus...&product_id=73&category_id=17&keyword=pythons

Last edited:
That's a pretty good sell ;) I found the book mentioned above so am gonna have a look through but if it isn't as much info as I want I will definitely check out the book your speaking about.

I found an article by Doc Rock called Keeping womas The champagne of snakes on the southern cross reptiles site to be awesome. Google it because I am not allowed to link it , there are also other good articles by him. Another good one is road testing Aussie pythons.

As mentioned above - a general python book and a few articles on the web.
As yet, no one has brought out a book specific to aspidites.

When is the "Complete Aspidites" coming out? :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Who would buy a book solely on Aspidites

Plenty of people from the feedback we get, and a little birdy has been whispering to us about this for a while.

I would. Carpets and Ants have their own books. Why not Aspidites?

Womas are becoming a popular first python. It would be good to be able to direct beginners to a book.

BHP are also very popular and present their own issues when it comes to breeding and raising young.

Info on the different localities and morphs would be good as these seem to be common questions from those looking to get into womas or bhp.

That put a roughie in the rat room, I have heard whispers about one as well, I was just **** stirring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back