My 1st Reptile Expo

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sparky89

Not so new Member
Reaction score
So I went to my first reptile show at penrith today, had a good time checking out what everyone had to offer, there seemed plenty of pythons for sale although I'm not sure what the normal standard of the expo is like, as a beginner looking at deciding on my first snake I went and bought half a dozen books and to see the pythons first hand to hopefully make my decision as I had a couple of breeds in mind but all that happend was finding other breeds that jumped out at me so now I got a few more to choose from which makes the decisions all the more harder. Anyone else head down and spend some money?

I missed out today as my son was playing rep union ( had a game of golf first tho lol )... I enjoyed last yr and hopefully all u guys had a good day today ;)

same weather as last year and this years castle hill expo!!

The expo was good, was much smaller than I had expected though. Plenty of reptiles for sale and a good range of supplies/enclosures. I picked up a pair of Ridge Tail Monitors for $450 and some other small stuff like a turtle dock and some substrate. Definitely worth getting there early, an hour an a half into the show it's almost too crowded to move.

I was there and thought there was a a good variety of stands and exhibitors and it was definitely a bigger crowd than last year.So many beautiful specimens I just wished I had a bottomless wallet.

There is always Newcastle... Great expo IMO

yeh I was told to be there early so I was there at 8:30, it seemed like you needed to have some idea what you were after because by the time I did the first round after bout half hr they were disappearing pretty quick, yeh I seen the ridge tailed monitors but only the one pair, I don't no what they normally have but I thought there might have been more monitors, yeh I'll be defiantly goin to newcastle and hopefully made a decision on my first snake and pick one up

My 1st post!

Purchased my first reptile at the expo on Sunday.
A 10 week hatchling black & white female jungle python.
Picked up a 7litre Sistema at Woolies (half price) and currently waiting till she settles in and will feed in a week.

Marty

If you come to the Newcastle Expo, make sure your bring cash and reptile licence, (actual licence not just the number). There are two ATM at the venue, but they get hit pretty hard.

Yep 2 weeks to save abit more money, I wanna check out what wheatbelt stimmies and albino Darwin's they have

yeh I was told to be there early so I was there at 8:30, it seemed like you needed to have some idea what you were after because by the time I did the first round after bout half hr they were disappearing pretty quick, yeh I seen the ridge tailed monitors but only the one pair, I don't no what they normally have but I thought there might have been more monitors, yeh I'll be defiantly goin to newcastle and hopefully made a decision on my first snake and pick one up

Yeah, you basically had to know exactly what you wanted as soon as you headed in, everything just gets sold too quickly. Apparently there were another pair of Ridge Tailed Monitors at the expo, they got sold to a supplier before it even opened though, I was just really lucky to find another pair being sold. I hardly saw any monitors there, mainly snakes, skinks and geckos.

So, for a Victorian, like me, are the NSW expos worth attending? Ive been to the Sydney one a few times but they were not permitted to sell animals. Has this changed? What is the position with expos in other states? I know we can sell at the Vic expo but is it worth me traveling to other states?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back