housing adult Childrens with a 1.3 mtr darwin carpet

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

darth.moose72

Reaction score
G'day people. I know this may have come up before but i want different peoples opinions. I have an adult Childrens python and a 1.3 mtr Darwin carpet (still growing). At present they are housed separately but the enclosure is too big and I want to modify it to make it easier to transport. ( its one large unit with 2 separate compartments.)

I want to know what peoples thought are of having them together in the one unit. Both are great to handle and have never bitten me at all. The carpet is a bit of a guts and will eat almost as often as you offer him a rat but the childrens is a fussy eater. I know to separate them for feeding though of course.

Has anyone else ever tried housing these types together before? I am a little concerned of the size difference.

Thanks for you time

I wouldn't risk it. If nothing else, the darwin is still growing. Soon enough the childrenii is going to look like dinner.

I was always of the mind not to do it as well but have seen a few cases where people have multiple snakes of different species together for example large Zoo's. are some species better at being mixed than other maybe?

What happens when different snakes attempt to be friends.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 142
cant open the attachment

- - - Updated - - -

opened it now. Thats nasty. Im thinking its best to keep them separate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back