Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a European film crew want to shoot some snakes
All arranged for months
No fee discussed
They just wanted to make a donation
Teed up cheap contacts accommodation and transport for them etc etc all over Indonesia
Worked with them for 18hrs setting up cobras vipers kraits pythons etc

Gave a donation
1 lousy dollar

As I walked away something must have accidentally nudged a tripod
7000 euros worth of camera and concrete dont mix well it seems
Splintering crunchy sound was music to my ears

But its ok
I gave them back their $1 as a donation to cover any damage

Never again
Fourth time weve been ripped off by film crews

[MENTION=20112]longqi[/MENTION], that is a disgusting display.... Unfortunately it seems to be an inherent trait in many people to use and abuse as much as possible. A dollar? That is simply insulting. I'm not for retaliation in general, but I am very glad their tripod somehow happened to hit the deck. What selfish fools.

[MENTION=20112]longqi[/MENTION] I believe that karma was at play :) I hope they saw it as such anyway.

What lousy people, it's just plain rude.

Too funny today
They sent someone around to 'discus' payment for the camera

Never said a word
Let 2 spitters out in the lounge and walked into the toilet

Front door slammed before the toilet door even shut

People who deliberately act like an A-Hole just to get under your skin & feel superior about themselves.
My last landlord txts me a msg asking me what's a convenient time for me to do the final inspection on the place I vacated lastweek.
I replied 1:30pm...then proceeded to wait til 2:30 before he eventually returned my calls on where he was...
His response, "I'm at work, I won't be able to get there until 5-6pm...I just can't drop everything because you expect me to be there at 1:30."

Why the hell txt me, asking me to nominate a time when he knew all along that it was going to be around 5-6pm when he'd be available???

Real estates are terrible I've found. We're moving out at the moment and we had an inspection at 4:30 which is perfect for me as I can get home from work and make sure everything is tidy (plus I don't like people I don't know wandering around my house when I'm not there). So I asked the real estate whether they could make any weekday showings around the 4:30 mark. She said "no worries" and the next day we had a letter saying they were coming around another day at 3pm.
I genuinely forgot about it as it was a day when I was moving some more stuff and got home at 4, the house was a tip as I had just finished moving a load of stuff.
Just made me laugh because if they had kept to their word then the house would have been clean and tidy, rather than a complete mess.

[MENTION=34464]princessparrot[/MENTION] that's revolting :(

Sent from my HTC Velocity 4G using Tapatalk

We moved on the 23rd of December, now we're moving again because this place is too small. It was good for something temporary, it was the only place we could go to where we wouldn't have to get rid of our animals. Sadly 2 of my snakes died in one of the heat waves in January because they had to be kept in a metal garage, no room for them in the enclosures in the house. The place we're going to on Friday is much bigger and the enclosures will easily fit there. That makes me feel much better!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH:evil::twisted:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH:evil::twisted:

Hey,

How are things going with your daughter?

Edit:
I'm sorry mate, I just saw your other thread. :(

Last edited:
Not being able to keep any sp of native mammals on a recreational license in QLD, the main one that I'm keen on is the Spinifex hopping mouse as I like mice and those buds don't readily stink up the enclosure like european ones do and are fairly interesting.

I also prefer mice over rats as they don't go through the food as quickly and aren't usually as noisy at night.
Although if I could keep a native sp of rat it would be the Giant white-tailed rat, my dog killed one that entered our yard while we were out once ages ago, thought it was a ring tail possum at first glance, friggin huge :shock:, he got in trouble.

Last edited:
People who are surprised that you cannot keep Fish in a bag in a car(middle of the day while they shop) for hours................... Then want you to replace the fish because they......... Died :shock:

Last edited:
People who are surprised that you cannot keep Fish in a bag in a car(middle of the day while they shop) for hours................... Then want you to replace the fish because they......... Died :shock:

Or those kids who say they want that specific fish in a tank of 100 :D

Why are so many things called "stag horn" whe stags don't have horns.... They have antlers

Why are so many things called "stag horn" whe stags don't have horns.... They have antlers
For the same reason that a king brown (mulga) isn't actually a brown snake but a black snake, people didn't know better when naming it.

- - - Updated - - -

I had the best day today, I completed a venomous snake handling course and got to play with some pythons then some colubrids and then moved onto the good stuff , RBB , spotted blacks , blue bellied blacks , colletts , mulga's , eastern brown snake , death adder and a coastal taipan. All so much fun then we got to tube an old slow eastern brown.

After working over 70 hours a week and getting one day off every 3 weeks since mid Jan things slowed down for a week and now we are getting grapes in from other regions. Hopefully it won't be as hectic as I get the keys to my new house next Tuesday and need to fix a few things and clean the old house to sell it ASAP.

Congratulations on the new house [MENTION=27245]Umbral[/MENTION] and I hope things slow down for you so you can get your stuff done.

Thanks, the only positive is that this is my first vintage with Winemaker as my title and it's the best Hunter vintage in over ten years. If I can't make some decent Booz in a year like this I need to find a new profession.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back