Albino darwin or wheatbelt stimson

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sparky89

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Ok so looking at getting my first python, I'm after one that can put up with been handled regularly and I've been reading up and have taken a liking to the albino Darwin's and wheatbelt stimsons, The average size darwin is apparently 1.8m but I've seen pics on this forum of a few that seem a lot bigger so just wondering if that's about right, so anyway I no the Darwin's grow bigger then the stimmies and eventually will need a bigger tank and are a fair bit more expensive but I don't mind that, I love the look of both so it makes it a pretty hard choice, so just wondering what anyone's experiences with either are. Thanks

I don't have uch experiance with either but I love both snakes so muchgun to my head if i had to choose probably wheatbelt.

Go for both! They are both beautiful, good handlers and easy to keep. My 7-year-old albino Darwins are about 2 metres long. My old Stimson is only about 800mm.

I keep 2 darwins ( 1 albino) and 3 Wheatbelts... All superb snakes... Always and jmo that a stimi makes a good first choice and grow your experience from there... Saying that tho a good carpet will always eat better than a ant... Jmo

I would also say Albino Darwins but you could also add Womas to your wish list

[MENTION][/MENTION]u might as well add bredli to ur list, and once everyone jumps in adding another u will have all species covered and be none closer to having ur question answered

Well I was interested in checking out the hypo bredli and stimsons at the expo but once I seen the albino Darwin's it changed everything so I guess that's my answer

u might as well add bredli to ur list, and once everyone jumps in adding another u will have all species covered and be none closer to having ur question answered

This cracked me up.

My next addition will be an Albino Darwin. I love the look of them from hatchling to adult. But the more I see and hear about the Woma's though, the more interested I get in them to...

[MENTION=39184]AussieBen[/MENTION] :D waiting on my Darwin hatchling.its been a while .shouldnt be too much longer

Ill be goin to newy expo so I'll check out what's on offer and any deals goin

a bredli or albino darwin make sure to get a heathy one
Heathy?? I want one.... On a serious note tho there is a huge difference in price and if u not going to breed and u want a decent large snake u can't go wrong with a bredli ... They really r something special ( not putting anything on u it's jmo and I keep various species )

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back