Gecko type ideas

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

giampd

Reaction score
Can anyone give me some ideas of what gecko I should keep. I live in Victoria, Australia and I want a small gecko (no larger than 10cm) that's easy to care for. Also if they don't need a large area to live that would be great. All reply's are appreciated.

thick tailed gecko. they are really cool and great geckos to keep they dont require much and dont cost a lot.

Marbled gecko. No licence needed and they don't require any heat what so ever. And are extremely cheap. Can't go wrong.

Thanks mate looking in to it. Just have a few question to get me started..
To they need a heat mat or uvb lighting?
How big can they get?
How big should its enclosure be (fully grown)?
What do they eat?
Thanks.

Googling the care sheets would be your best bet on the species you are interested in, they will answer all of your questions. Also try to keep to one thread on the same subject as having 2 will not get you more answers

Thanks mate looking in to it. Just have a few question to get me started..
To they need a heat mat or uvb lighting?
How big can they get?
How big should its enclosure be (fully grown)?
What do they eat?
Thanks.

No heat or globe required.
About 10 cm
Probably 30 by 30 by 30
Crickets and woodies
Good luck

Thanks again, one thing thought is that I HATE woodies and cockroaches. Is there anything I could replace them with? Also do they eat fruit and/or vegetables?

Unless you can soundproof the critter room well or it's down the other end of the house, then the woodies are usually the go over crickets due to the noise factor, I can't remember which was meant to provide more protein.

Knob tailed gecko! they are really awesome and great to keep. no uv required, crickets for food, my enclosure is 30 by 30, they only get around 12cm and just a heat mat for heating. you will love them when you see them

Go through your licence list and google pictures and which ever one you like the look of do some research on it.

Few that I keep myself
ejapenum.jpg
haguma4u.jpg
ysy9uhuv.jpg
9abuzega.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back