What's the %

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Um there is no such thing as 100% het for albino bearded dragon
to get a 100%het you need one of the parents to be albino and as none have survived to breeding age you only have possible or 66%hets

There is such a thing as 100% het for albino beardies. But they will have to be proven breeders that have actually produced albinos themselves.

To the original poster, if you pair up two 66% possible hets then the chance of producing albinos in a clutch (presuming it is large enough to discount the small sample size problem) is around 44%

Patternless thanks blue that makes sense just waiting two months for them to hatch then there just normal gets disappointing

So I bought a pair that was meant to be 100% het and out of 6 hatchings and 3 clutches I've got only got normal type looking they are Nephurus sp

Chances of producing 6 babies and none show the recessive trait is around 18% presuming you have two hets, so still quite plausible.

As said by others, albino beardies do have not yet been able to make it too breeding size (most falling over before 12 months). I believe there are still a couple of breeders strengthening there lines with longer life coming from it. I know of atleast one that was doing ok last i heard but it was only around 8 months old.
[MENTION=23876]2.3casper[/MENTION] , who did you buy your dragons from and do they currently have any albinos in their collection?

Rick

All 66% het means is that it is a possible het, nothing more.

If you breed a pair of 100% het for albino, every time an ovum is fertilized you have 25% chance of getting normal, 25% chance of getting albino and 50% chance of getting 100% hets.

However just because you get 20 eggs does not mean that you will get 5 normal, 5 albinos and 10 100% het for albino, genetics and biology does not work that way and there are always exceptions to the rule.

The outcome you are hoping for is firstly decided when the male creates the spermatozoa and the female produces follicles (hopefully the albino gene is in one of each) then the spermatozoa needs to fertilize the right follicle to produce the desired outcome.

- - - Updated - - -

BTW I would love to see a picture of a mature albino beared dragon breeder, but have never seen one as the all die.

Nah I was just asking. Cuz I was looking at this add called up the guy he was really nice to me answer all my ? . But I never ask about if he had older ones or not .i was thinking about getting 5 to 6 ,p heats. Of him but I don't want to breed something knowing that its going to die . I was going to put it with my white ones so i was thinking (white + red ,phet66% )should give me something nice in about 4-5 years. Now I'm worried if I get them :( I really wanted to get them. The man I talk to has been breeding them for years now ,and has the best reds I have ever seen.now I don't know what to do ?

- - - Updated - - -

Still waiting on pics of the heats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back