Bredli Enclosure

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Varanoidea

Reaction score
01H5rp2.jpg

Enclosure I'm building for a bredli, just missing basking shelf, branches and foliage to hide in. Heating it with a proherp 40w panel which is heating the AMBIENT temperature to a nice toasty 33 degrees. >.< A bit overkill. My options are to downgrade to a 28w or open the other side of the cupboard to double the enclosure size (which is alot cheaper...) Thoughts? Sorry about the huge picture by the way..

Run the 40w panel on a dimming thermostat, this should allow it to get a basking spot as well as a warm overall temp.

What size is the enclosure?

Rick

Run the 40w panel on a dimming thermostat, this should allow it to get a basking spot as well as a warm overall temp.

What size is the enclosure?

Rick

I ran it on a pulse proportional stat and that got it my hotspot 8 inches down and the ambient temps right. Just have to watch to make sure it doesn't during the warmer months. It's 560x510x440. I'm not sure if I want a jungle from Snake Ranch or a bredli anymore though, ha. I might add a hide box higher up that goes into the empty space so the entrance is flush with the enclosure wall for a bit more surface area and more hide options.

Updated pic. Just missing all the branches. Oh and it's a jungle going in their now. Thoughts appreciated. :D

I picked her up today. :D I named her Mira. I'm covering the front of the enclosure and turning off her LED lights until she settles in but I always offer a mouse on the first day to my snakes. She struck it and coiled but left it so I'll just leave her alone. So far she seems to approve. I'm adding more branches and a third hide suspended in the air soon (the rock she is sitting on is a very tight size, perfect for her, and there is one at the base of the fern) and maybe another plant. Do you think I should do away with the shelf and add a branch for basking more appropriate to her size? I wasn't expecting her to be this small, I thought she was a bit older, so I might get a click-clack set up.
BQrBfV4.jpg
RUHpebI.jpg

Last edited:
I'm just a bit paranoid she won't go onto the shelf to thermoregulate since it's so big and she is so little.

She'll probably go up there at night when she thinks nobody is watching. If she needs heat i reckon she'll find it.
How old is she @Varanoidea ?

This is the enclosure i have just put my yearling Jungle male in & he loves it. Climbs all over it at night & got half a dozen places to hide during the day if he wants.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back