Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
[MENTION=7182]deebo[/MENTION]. M1 is a really nice looking boy. Seems like you are holding back a few this year. ;)

Any pics of Holly? I assume she is the mother...

this is holly - i know ive had her a while because she has a name and not just a number on her tub!

The spots and thin pattern seem to come from the father as every clutch he sires will have some amount of it.

Attachments

• Proven Female Woma.JPG
    Proven Female Woma.JPG
    67.1 KB · Views: 160
Holly is stunning. My little deebo tanami shed today maybe I should try get some new pics of him.

Funny you should bring up names, I still remember what was written on the card that came freighted with him.

Sire name: Buddy
Dam name: RP Sib. (not numbers, but a bit of a strange name) :D

Not that I can really talk, the majority of mine don't have names, even though they are pets.

Buddy is the male used over most of my girls - he throws the nice babies, and SIB RP was a normal female from a clutch that was 50/50 normal and very reduced pattern.

http://www.aussiepythons.com/forum/australian-snakes-37/woma-hatchies-difference-125047/

this is the clutch the SIB RP girl came from.

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.aussiepythons.com/forum/australian-snakes-37/woma-hatchies-difference-125047/

link didnt work for me in the post i put up - here it is again hopefully it works.

It seems that JungleRob has dropped off the APS radar with last post being 2011. I would love to see what those bubs produced when paired together

They are/were not actually robs animals. There were two males and one female in the spotty ones. The female was paired with one male but unfortunately all eggs were infertile - hopefully better luck this year. The other male was paired with a normal looking sibling and produced a clutch with a mix of normal and spotty ones. Hopefully they get similar results this year.

By the sounds possibly a recessive trait, with the parents being hets. Should be an interesting project over the next few years for the owner.

IMG_0156.jpg

Here's Glenn, my new little fella, he's my first woma and he is AWESOME.
Gotta say a big thanks to Umbral for this little guy.
can't wait to give him his first feed tomorrow!
-Tim

Hi Everybody just been looking though the web site about RWL in QLD .Can I keep a bredli and a woma on my current basic RWL or will I have to get a different licence

Thank you
TOM

Digby you can have 2 restricted animals on your rec licence. Bredli's aren't on the restricted list.
It is only Womas and GTP. So on your rec licence you can have:

2 woma's or 2 GTP or

1 woma and 1 GTP to make up the 2 restricted animals.

Otherwise update to the restricted licence from the REC which is a monetary difference for pythons.

View attachment 307154

Here's Glenn, my new little fella, he's my first woma and he is AWESOME.
Gotta say a big thanks to Umbral for this little guy.
can't wait to give him his first feed tomorrow!
-Tim
I'm glad you are happy, it's always nice to see them go to good new homes. As I said if you ever have any issues feel free to give me a call.

They are/were not actually robs animals. There were two males and one female in the spotty ones. The female was paired with one male but unfortunately all eggs were infertile - hopefully better luck this year. The other male was paired with a normal looking sibling and produced a clutch with a mix of normal and spotty ones. Hopefully they get similar results this year.

I read the thread again and see that he stated they weren't his in the opening post, some other people posting were referring to them as his so I got my wires crossed.

Is the breeder looking to switch the males over to try the one that is definately fertile this time around. I would think that would be the safer bet... or test the sperm of the one that shot blanks last season to confirm it is viable

I know this has nothing to do with showing off but anyway
Usually my woma (Moccona) would have shed about four weeks ago but she hasn't yet. She's been looking abit grey around her head and eyes for about a week or two now. Do u recon it might be cos she's getting closer to full size(130cm) or what. Any help would be good.
ill try to add a pic tomorrow

as they grow to adulthood their shedding rates and time slow right down.

A hatchy may shed every 6-8 weeks, an adult depending on feeding regimes may take months

Don't stress
Ok, thanks
since when I got her last year she was shedding between 19-25th every month so she's grown quite abit. I was suspecting it was cos she doesn't need to as much but just wanted to check. She's 15months old

- - - Updated - - -

She shed this arvo.
worst shed yet

Got to see the SR Black Woma in the flesh at the SOFAR expo, such an impressive animal, looking forward to Chris and the guys at SR replicating this animal/morph. Would love some in my collection :)

Also good to see plenty of excellent quality womas for sale from various guys. They are the only thing missing from QLD expo's in Numbers.....

Will you display yours in the future now you are down that way brett? Im sure people would be drooling over them once they see them in the flesh!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back