Maternal clutch hatching! :)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris1

cupcake
Reaction score
Yindi decided to glue (absolutely stuck fast, no chance of removing them) her eggs to the top shelf of her enclosure just beside her heat panel 2 months ago, ive had a hell of a time keeping the humidity up as you can see by the eggs, for the past 3 weeks ive been misting them directly 1-3 times a day,.....

and this morning the first head was out!!

im kinda surprised theyre hatching, but as i keep reading, snake eggs are tough!!
(she knew all about it apparently, yesterday she left her eggs and when she went back she lay beside them rather than covering them)

Attachments

• yindis a mummy.jpg
    yindis a mummy.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 315
Great job, I've wondered how they go with incubating them in captivity as they don't have substrate/decaying plant matter to bury them in/lay them on top of.

Well done mate! Love how she is partially covering her bub; looking like she is being protective of her bub.

Congrats & well done! Be sure to post a few more pics.

A big congrats on the clutch. You are going to be very busy with both Bredls and diamonds!

Thanks everyone, im pretty impressed with her work! :p

heres a pic update, just cos they were all posing so nicely. :)!

Attachments

• Yindis clutch day2.jpg
    Yindis clutch day2.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 209
Congrats and great job. You read a lot about removing eggs for incubation but not a lot about natural incubation. Were all the eggs viable?

Sent from my AMID-972XS using Tapatalk

How about a final update? How many do you have? It is great to see the happy hatching.

good stuff always nice to see a maternal clutch

As has already been stated, good to see a maternal incubated clutch. Congrats. How did the harvest go ;D

ofcourse, i forgot the final update! :p

I ended up with 12 babies out of 13 eggs, the 13th had managed to slit the egg but hadnt emerged, tore it open while the last few were still hatching but it was already dead. i feel a bit crap about that.

It was awesome watching the babies hatch, i had to lift the towel to peek, but it didnt seem to bother them. :)

Attachments

• bredli1.jpg
    bredli1.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 60
  • bredli2.jpg
    bredli2.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 74
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back