Cranky Bredli!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Logan92

Reaction score
Hey guys/girls.
I recently moved (7/03/14) my 3 year old Bredli from his big plastic container into an actual enclosure, also changed his heating source also, so it's been quite a change for him. He fed quite well that same night.
Normally he's a very placid snake.
I tried to get him out today and he was continually striking at me, so I eventually got him out and was outside with him, where he seemed fine when being handled. I then put him down and tried to pick him up again, same thing, striking at me!

Just wondering if this is a temporary thing from the sudden change and still having a big lump in his belly from feeding?

Thanks everyone!

Last edited:
Stressing is the probability... Settling time needed

He needs time to settle and time to digest his food would be my guess.

Although you say 07/02 so he has been in there for a month?

Sorry that's meant to read 07/03.
Should I just cover the front of his tank so he can't see out, and leave him be for a week or so?

Thought so,

If the enclosure is in a high traffic area it could help to cover if not I wouldn't worry to much just leave him be for a week and he should come around.

He's in the living room haha.
Ive covered him and just going to leave him be for a while!
Hope he comes around!
Because I don't particularly enjoy being tagged to get him out!

He should come around, probably just a bit unsure of his new environment so needs time on his own to make it his home ;)

Awesome :) he's constantly moving around in there looking for somewhere to hide.
thanks for the help!

Haha I like that!
well even if he doesn't come round, I'm going to be very persistent with this guy!

I am a little biased tho......I love every Bredli I see.

An acquaintance of mine has one and he swore it was the spawn of Satan, I even got to see the wounds it inflicted. I told them he was not cranky, just misunderstood and to go and give him lots of love and he would come around.

I saw them and the snake last week....they reckon it is a different animal as I watched them handle it with ease. It just needed a little bit of understanding....lol

Yep, just like my big girl. Hit me every chance she got when i 1st got her and you do feel an adult Bredli hit. She was 4yr old, under fed & under handled & VERY misunderstood. It has taken time & patience, oh, and welding gloves but she has come around & handles with ease now AND i have ditched the welding gloves.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back