Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trogdor

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hey guys and girls,
Looking at getting a gecko(levis levis) or two soon, I need some inspiration for the set up as i want everything ready before I even think about purchasing them.
So please post some set ups and show off your lil guys, All set ups are welcome of course, and any tips and tricks you may have.

Thanks! :D

Here is the tank I have for the gecko.
And my darwins set up aswell.
requsyza.jpg
e4utemu5.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

That size would be fine for one levis but not for 2, I cant really help for a set up pic as I have mine in a rack set up, but I will say never get pet shop sand, washed sand from bunnings is lighter on the wallet and is the same stuff

In case U didn't know, levis don't really climb so they will just use the floor space/furniture, not the height.

Awesome will do, thanks
Yeah I know they dont climb
I know its wasted space but It is 45x45x45 so there is plenty of ground room. Picked it up for 70

Awesome will do, thanks
Yeah I know they dont climb
I know its wasted space but It is 45x45x45 so there is plenty of ground room. Picked it up for 70

Just make sure you have an even heat gradient and you should be fine

Maybe get another cheap tank or setup for your levis, and save that tank for some climbing geckos. We've got thicktails and marbled geckos in fish tanks (although the marbled have mesh over the top, as they climb!).

Also knobbies can climb foam backgrounds so if you use one make sure there is no gaps at the top (learnt the hard way)

Haha, Yeah i know, it has a mesh lid thankfully
Getting a heat mat+thermostat tomorrow, to monitor the temps to make sure its all perfect before i get the gecks.
Do you think its enough room to house two of them or should i stick with one?

Great looking setups!
What do you have in them?

From top to bottom pics.
Leaf tails
Spiny tails
Smooth knob tails
Marbled velvets.

Anyone going to post their set ups?
this thread died sooner than i was hoping haha.

This is my set up for my Nephrurus amyae, named Peanut :) I tried to design it in keeping with his wild habitat; 3 foot tank with rocks, sand, and grass tussocks as near Alice Springs area. He loves it! Have day globe on one side, night light on other and a good hide for during the day (Just a tarantula hide flipped on its side works great).

Hope you like!

Attachments

• Peanut.jpg
    Peanut.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 249
  • Peanut tank.jpg
    Peanut tank.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 317
  • Peanut set up.jpg
    Peanut set up.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 349
This is my set up for my Nephrurus amyae, named Peanut :) I tried to design it in keeping with his wild habitat; 3 foot tank with rocks, sand, and grass tussocks as near Alice Springs area. He loves it! Have day globe on one side, night light on other and a good hide for during the day (Just a tarantula hide flipped on its side works great).

Hope you like!

Wow! This is what i was waiting to see!
Looks great, lucky peanut haha.
Ive been making hides the past few days thanks to the DIY section haha, literally just set up the meat mat and thermo and I am monitoring the temps at the moment :)
Very keen to get the little guy/guys.

Wow! This is what i was waiting to see!
Looks great, lucky peanut haha.
Ive been making hides the past few days thanks to the DIY section haha, literally just set up the meat mat and thermo and I am monitoring the temps at the moment :)
Very keen to get the little guy/guys.

Glad you like it! He is a lucky Peanut - he will also be getting a girlfriend soon, she just has to do some growing first to match his size.
Ah ok cool. Just make sure they're nice and dark :)
Rough knobbies are my personal favourites, but Levis are beautiful little things! Good luck with the set up, would like to see a pic when you're done :)

Glad you like it! He is a lucky Peanut - he will also be getting a girlfriend soon, she just has to do some growing first to match his size.
Ah ok cool. Just make sure they're nice and dark :)
Rough knobbies are my personal favourites, but Levis are beautiful little things! Good luck with the set up, would like to see a pic when you're done :)

Oh nice! Planning on breeding?
They should be, I was pretty impressed with my work, not usually too creative haha.
Yeah it should all be set up tomorrow, i will defs post a pic when its all done. :)

Added the hides today, it looks too crowded to me im thinking of replacing the big hide on the cool side with a smaller one.
What do you guys think?
tuhe6apy.jpg

Oh nice! Planning on breeding?
They should be, I was pretty impressed with my work, not usually too creative haha.
Yeah it should all be set up tomorrow, i will defs post a pic when its all done. :)

Yes definitely! We already breed central and eastern beardies (through my partner AllAnimalia), so can't wait to get into geckos! They are from unrelated stock so should get some interesting young when the time comes :)

The tank is looking good! I would de clutter it a bit as you suggested with the hides, and maybe add a few low branches and a rock. Although they aren't climbing geckos with sticky feet, they still enjoy exploring and climbing over low things. Plus a rock can heat up a bit and act as a nice night time basking spot :)

Yes definitely! We already breed central and eastern beardies (through my partner AllAnimalia), so can't wait to get into geckos! They are from unrelated stock so should get some interesting young when the time comes :)

The tank is looking good! I would de clutter it a bit as you suggested with the hides, and maybe add a few low branches and a rock. Although they aren't climbing geckos with sticky feet, they still enjoy exploring and climbing over low things. Plus a rock can heat up a bit and act as a nice night time basking spot :)

Oh nice!
Ill give the bigger hide to my darwin probably, there is a rock on the hot side in the right corner. It just blends in a bit haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back