Think you want a lacey?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
the only thing that is predictable is YOUR actions around them and how you manage yourself around each individual
That was the point I was trying to make about 'tame' monitors. If you have two animals of the same species, one that tries to bite you and another that comes across as relatively 'tame', the more dangerous of the two is the 'tame' one because you'll always take the appropriate precautions with the one that bites, whereas the other one may bite you when your guard is down. With lace monitors, there's a strong chance of a 'tame' one biting under certain conditions and the problem is that we can't always predict those conditions. Complacence is the enemy. I agree that having calm animals is a good thing as it makes keeping them so much easier, but I also freak when I see photos of (or hear people posting about) people taking unnecessary chances with parts of their body that they cherish.

...these days i see countless threads and posts asking for advice on keeping lacies but i also see people disregard your advice if its not what they want to hear and will gladly take the advice of someone that has kept a hatchling for 6 months if it is what they want to hear so now i dont often offer advice unless im actually asked for it...
Ha, funny you should say that. I experienced a bit of that earlier today.

By the way, you're probably aware of this, but I was Goblin's prior owner (before Richard).

i love my lacey to bits, handle her as often as i can and she doesn't care, but i still have scars on my wrist from being too complacent, bottom line be on your guard every second with them

"is this referring to a recent post or something?,i don't think anyone would be stupid enough to buy a lacie without prior knowledge or experience"

You would be surprised....Impulse buying applies to reptiles too for some people!

By the way, you're probably aware of this, but I was Goblin's prior owner (before Richard).

I am, Iv actually been meaning to ask you if you have any hatchling/juvenile shots of her still? just so i can keep an album together of everyone

I am, Iv actually been meaning to ask you if you have any hatchling/juvenile shots of her still? just so i can keep an album together of everyone

That's too funny, I have just posted some photographs of her as a hatchling before finding this post just now. I hadn't realised it was you, Josh, until you posted the comment on Goblin.

Noticed there is a Lacie for sale now........ I wonder.....?

wouldn't surprise me, he hasn't posted anything for a while.

If it is the same lacie, it sounds like the OP now understands how good the advice offered on this thread was. Hope the bite wasn't too bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back