I think it is egg-binding. plz help me

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yu-ri

Reaction score
About eight days ago, my female S.taenicauda laid her first clutch but just one egg. After that, she eat crickets like a monster but her abdomen looks asymmetry. Is it egg-binding? If so, what can I do for her?

Attachments

• 20140310_075355.jpg
    20140310_075355.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 161
Can you candle her with a flashlight/torch to see if eggs show up? I suspect injections of oxytocin with an animal that tiny would be dangerous.

Ive had my thick tails reabsorb eggs, i would candle her as David has suggested and see if there is one still in there.

Rick

Did you supply a lay box that was actually used?

I've had problems lately with ciliaris and spinigerus not using the lay boxes provided and laying only one egg at a time in the dry sand, mine have eventually laid the second egg but usually in a stupid spot like glued to a branch or something. Give it a while longer and see what happens, it's not unheard of that they sometimes only lay a single egg especially if it's her first clutch.

Also hard to tell if she looks asymmetrical or just full of crickets in that photo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back