Cut belly scales

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Becceles

Hi,
I had my 3 yr old stimmie out and noticed some sharp belly scales that appear to be cut at the point that the scales overlap, they are around 10cm from the base of his head. They are a little red but don't appear to be tender to the touch. I scoured the enclosure and removed anything I thought may have been able to cut the scales, but my concern is whether they may get infected. I tried to take a photo to post but you can't see them clearly, that attached photo is of damage I noticed several weeks ago that wasn't red, but the cut is similar.

Advice?

Attachments

• IMG_2635.jpg
    IMG_2635.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 122
what kind of enclosure is it in ? I know glass doors have been known to cut a snake if the edge hasn't been rounded off .

dosnt look to bad, keep an eye on it and it should heal over in a shed or two.
Liam

He is in a URS glass enclosure with sliding doors, but the edges are rounded off. I'm wondering if it might be the glass lock as he slithers over it, but I wouldn't call the edges on it 'sharp'.
Cold-B-Hearts, the photo is of an older cut, the new ones are a little more severe and are a pinkish red. I will keep an eye on them and see if their condition improves with his next shed. Thanks.

Certainly something he has slithered over. Check for sharp surfaces.

- - - Updated - - -

Certainly something he has slithered over. Check for sharp surfaces.

my woma was hurting her face scales on the edge of the glass and the lock until i covered both with some rubber. The damage was gone in a few sheds and she is fine now. If there is nothing else sharp in the enclosure i would say its a good chance its the lock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back