jungle not eating

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

houdini101

Not so new Member
Reaction score
hey everyone my i have'nt had any luck feeding my jungle python in last two weeks he is only a yearling so im feeding him medium adult mice
once a week im just wondering if i have put him off them as i left one out in the sun to long accistenly thouring it out and when i got it inside and went to feed him
it busted in my hand (which smelt pretty revolting and there was a nice mess to clean off the carpet)
should i try changing to somthing else? or just be patient

I thaw mine in hot water, as both my jungles dont drink a great deal of water. I dunk the food in the hot water before feeding the Jungles. I wouldn't worry about not feeding for the 2 week period. Leave it a week or so then try again, they can go literally months without eating. Of course if you have noticed anything curious or troubling in it's behavior or stools best take it off to a vet for a check up.

My jungle was very fussy as a youngun. I had to scent my rats with baby quail feathers to get him onto rats. Now he eats rats on their own.
Two weeks is not long.

Yeah, two weeks is not a long time to be worrying, I had a pair of jungles who didn't eat for about 3 months... I was worried of course, but they were not too underweight.

Eventually they ate again.

Yeah, two weeks is not a long time to be worrying, I had a pair of jungles who didn't eat for about 3 months... I was worried of course, but they were not too underweight.

Eventually they ate again.

I've got a hatchy, that I haven't been able to feed for 3 months although hasn't lost any condition by the looks of it, it just shows no interest in food what so ever, won't strike etc

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

Just keep persisting.
I'd also look at the weather outside and temperatures in the tank.

My temps were fine, but as soon as the outside temp warmed up for summer BAM they were eating again like champs.

When mine were not eating, they wouldn't strike either.

Make sure you thaw the rats or mice in warm water and give to them while warm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back