5 watt or 15 watt heatpad for jungle python baby

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

parrot46

Not so new Member
Reaction score
as title says iv had mixed opinions about this. take in mind my tank is small and having a 15 watt would cover the entire bottom surface but its tall so the top would be cool

when you say offset do you mean place the tub not fully on heat mat. sorry if its a dumb question

Don't place the tub fully on the mat in any case. Just put enough mat under the tub that the snake can lay on it and digest.

7 watt works fine, gets plenty hot enough and doesn't require a thermostat, can't comment on the 5 watt but it would probably be ok too....as geezer said only heat around a third of the tank/tub bottom...

I would be surprised if a 5 watt mat would be sufficient in winter on the Central Coast. Night time temperatures are already falling to around 15c so I would recommend a higher wattage mat.

I would be surprised if a 5 watt mat would be sufficient in winter on the Central Coast. Night time temperatures are already falling to around 15c so I would recommend a higher wattage mat.
How u know they from central coast?... Have I missed something

My mistake, i am crosseyed . I looked at the location on post #2 . it is helpful if the location is advised fro questions like this!
Yes agreed.... Does help in various threads and saves time

A 5w heat mat won't cut it in Sydney unless the room is fairly warm day and night.

i was planning for 7w after making this thread anyway is that good enough?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back