Yearling banded python hasn't eaten on 14 days is that ok

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

trent1

Reaction score
Hi all
I got a pair of banded pythons on the
2/3/14 they feed the next day but not since then have tried feeding everyday since Monday of this week but no luck any help would be good thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i would just be patient and would only try to feed once a week as the persistence may spook them also they can go for a fair while without food i don't it's anything to worry about if they look healthy they should be fine

ok ill bite , whats a banded python ?
Knew that was coming but we all resided

- - - Updated - - -

Hi all
I got a pair of banded pythons on the
2/3/14 they feed the next day but not since then have tried feeding everyday since Monday of this week but no luck any help would be good thanks

Need to know what type or species of snake then what u keeping them in ( separate I hope).... Heat source? Temps? The list goes on

I'm presuming the OP is talking about banded pygmy pythons.

Like others have said I would cover them over for a week and not even look in.
Then try them again.

Are the housed together?

Just curious as well.

What exactly are you trying to feed them ?
-frozen ? Live? Dead?

If so what did you do with the wasted food.

Is there enclosure heated?

Post a picture someone could let you know exactly they are. What they should be eating.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

ja9adeve.jpg

They are in together the temp is set to 32 degrees day 29 night am running heat mat and red light
Feeding frozen adult mice and when they don't eat I bin them
Thanks

I have no idea what a banded python is. How old are they?

Adult snakes are just starting to turn off food now, it could be that, or it could be they're stressed or too warm or cold (test the temperature where they're actually spending their time, a thermostat reading isn't adequate).

You may be having problems because they are housed together. Feeding two animals in the same enclosure is a quick way to disaster. If they refuse a feed, wait a week to offer more, also, make sure that the mice are properly heated through (I use hot water). Feed at night. If these are Antaresia, they may be stopping eating soon as notechistiger said. Mine turn off food for 6 months over winter.

I have a few Pygmy bandeds. One is 7 years old. It hasn't eaten in 8 months ATM. Has only lost about 5 percent body weight. I have tried everything, even trouble hatches aren't this hard.

It is still shedding and looks extremely healthy. Bred two seasons ago and never been a problem.

If you are talking about pygmy Stimson/ banded pythons, Stimsons are known to show cannibalistic tendencies in the wild. Maybe being house together is stressing them out. Has there been a temp drop where you are. If they are spending time in the cool end of the enclosure this could have triggered brumation.

How old are they and what food item are you offering?

The thermostat temp is 30 hot end 25 cool end
They are Pygmy banded pythons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back