Transporting reptiles interstate

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mardy

Reaction score
I'm in the process of purchasing a snake from SA to VIC and want to know what courier to use. I've never done this before and any help will be greatly appreciated! I'd prefer not to use air freight as I'm 1.5hrs from melb airport

Try Dogmovers. They do a good job and pick up and drop off at the nearest main road to where sender and reciver lives.

Try either Fastways or PAck and Send.

Just remember that couriers always carry an element of risk as you are trusting overworked and underpaid people that deliver thousands of packages a week to actually give two hoots about yours when handling it.

Take note what GJ said.....irrespect of what the contents are their (couriers) main objective is to get the daily run dropped off and the picks up done as quick as possible. In saying that I am certainly not undermining or devaluing the job that they do. Some I have seen have their own franchise and work bruddy hard.

If u check RDU classifieds there was also another one who was advertising.

Would welcome a review/feedback if u use a particular one. Thanks and good luck with it.

That's why dog movers are so good, they only transport animals so everything is looked after propally

I see southern Oz is going to have another major heatwave for the next 5-6 days, so I would be reluctant to shift animals during this time. It only takes a few minutes in that kind of heat for critters to die. If you were planning to ship during this time, I would definitely try and delay until the weather is more reasonable.

Jamie

About the same as AAE, not much more anyway.

I agree with Trueblue. Dogmovers are a good road transport company that freight reptiles. And yes I have personally used them. Very easy to deal with and they keep in touch via phone to let you know if they are running early or late for the arranged pick up spot. All my snakes arrived safe and sound and if your looking for road freight for reptiles I would definitely recomend them. Cost was a little more than AAE/qantas, but still good at $90 for two adult & one yearling python. It was overnight from QLD to Sydney and from memory, the vehicle was air conditioned. I should mention that Dogmovers do the QLD to Sydney run and back but from what I understand they have another animal transport company who do Sydney to Victoria. There are all the timetables, meeting points, other information etc on Dogmovers QLD website.

As far as Fastways Couriers go, Ive never used them and after two days of trying to get answers to my questions and the answers I was given I decided there was no way in hell I would use them to transport reptiles in vehicles without air conditioning, and especially the rubbish about insisting I had to buy a book of 20 freight vouchers costing a couple of hundred dollars when I only wanted to send one snake from Sydney to Wollongong.

Last edited:
Lol [MENTION=1290]NicG[/MENTION] I was just about to post that link :)
Sent from my HTC Velocity 4G using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back