Newbie Question

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ris80

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Sandy our blonde spotted hatchling we purchased yesterday at SOFAR Newcastle seems to be settling in well. I have her in a click clack set up. Temps all good. There is a hide down the heated end, with water at the cool end. At the moment, she is curled up UNDER (At first I freaked out thinking she had escaped, then I saw a part of her body up against the side of the container) the substrate in the middle/cooler end (we're using Aspen snake bedding as that's what she was in when we purchased her). Just wondering if this is normal and should I get a hide for the cooler end also?

Thanks for you help!

Use a toilet roll with the end squashed and rolled a little to provide a cheap easy hide for the other end. Try not to use one that has had scented toilet paper on.

hi, they can feel very frightend when so young so good to have at least 2 hides so they can relax :)

Use a toilet roll with the end squashed and rolled a little to provide a cheap easy hide for the other end. Try not to use one that has had scented toilet paper on.

Thanks for that cheap and easy idea!

- - - Updated - - -

hi, they can feel very frightend when so young so good to have at least 2 hides so they can relax :)
Thanks for your help!

That's just him getting nice and cosy. Both my adult Bhp's love doing this to this day. It is thought they like feeling the substrate/covering touching the skin. Something not all hides do. Consider using paper towel or newspaper as substrate. It's cheap and clean up is extremely quick and easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back