heating bank enclousres. ANY help will be great

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DarcyDavis2309

Reaction score
Whats the best way to heat a 4 bank enclosure?
do you need to have different thermostats for the top and bottom enclosures? I plan on using heat emitters and heat cord, will the tanks below affect the top tanks and if so to what degree?
lets hear your advice:D:D

If its 2 wide and 2 high i would suggest using two thermostats to get the ambient temps right.

Rick

I have 4 bank ... All sealed heat cord under tile with 1 thermostat ... I have 12mm polystyrene on floor and jn between all enclosures... All temps r the same and all cords plugged into a 4 gang board

I have 4 bank ... All sealed heat cord under tile with 1 thermostat ... I have 12mm polystyrene on floor and jn between all enclosures... All temps r the same and all cords plugged into a 4 gang board

You dont have heat emitters as well do you? So the OP will need to run 3 thermostats at a minimum (1 for cord, 2 for different levels).

Rick

How big are the enclosures?

I have my enclosures on a rack (so they are not directly on top of each other) 3 high, mine are 1.8m x .6m x .6 (I think) and I use 2 ceramic heat emitters in each with a separate pulse proportionate thermostats for each enclosure. On most days when I go out the middle and top will be pulsing at a slower speed to the bottom which I assume is due to the heat radiating upwards from the enclosure bellow it.

The other thing to consider is that if you only use one thermostat and the one with the thermostat ceramic heat blows (or whatever heat source you use) it will think the enclosure is cold and continue to heat the other enclosure cooking whatever is in it.

Every heat source should have a thermostat in my opinion, this way you avoid unnecessary heart break later on.

I only use cords after testing that reach 36deg tile temp max... So if the cord that has the probe inserted under tile fails they won't over heat... Plus my thermostat has alarm if temp deviates more than 5 deg... Pic off the bank is in the for sale section accessories

With my old enclosures 4ftx2ftx2ft I had mine stacked on top of each other and rubber mats in between each one heat cord with thermostat
Ceramic heat lights running on a thermostat each. optional thou I did need them as the heat cord was fine. only needed them on in winter
I had to use the rubber mats cause the sparky wired through the top and I was not going to pay again to call him back
I used good thermostats not the cheap china ebay ones

13227912344_4c8e6890c4_c.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back