SOFAR Pic's

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yer looks over crowded
Sydney expos looked crowd as well
it would be good if they went over 2 days more chance to look think about what you want and then buy
Some good photos i like the albino

Ide like to see banners brought back at these expos for the supposedly non commercial , just makes things more interesting and easy when you can see clearly whos selling what.

Ide like to see banners brought back at these expos for the supposedly non commercial , just makes things more interesting and easy when you can see clearly whos selling what.

National parks wont allow it unfortunately

+1

I witnessed confusion with at least one exhibitor because it was thought they were someone else due to all banners and references to business names having to be removed from exhibitors stands.

I heard unconfirmed rumour as to why this was the case and if correct it is extremely disappointing.

If u pay for a table y the hell would you not be able to put up who u r?? Got me stumped to the reasons y???

That was the story I heard.

Very disappointing. The irony is that they had a stand there themselves, and were keen to spruik commerical advertising rules, yet the person on their stand that I spoke to did not even know that the COPS existed, and went on to ask me to explain to her how they work and how they are applied in case others ask during the day.

Seems they are a little selective about the 'rules' they want to enforce. It is sad when large exhibitors like Snake Ranch have to put electrical tape across the 'Snake Ranch' names embroidered on their shirts at a Reptile Expo yet the very rules NPWS introduced for the (alleged) welfare of animals are not known by their own people who are there to advise current and future reptile keepers. Why am I surprised.....I really shouldn't be...

On a lighter note it was a great day and you guys should be proud of what you pull together each year.

I fail to see the difference between a commercial breeder and a regular breeder.

Long and short everyone is attempting to make some money. Whether its profitable is another story.

I felt sorry for snake ranch and having to have a separate stand for there book. (PS buy the book!) Poor Chris was by himself and I don't think 80% of the people would have known how much work and knowledge he has put into the hobby.

(I have not been paid or affiliated with snake ranch for this shameless plug) just giving credit where due.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I fail to see the difference between a commercial breeder and a regular breeder.

Long and short everyone is attempting to make some money. Whether its profitable is another story.

I felt sorry for snake ranch and having to have a separate stand for there book. (PS buy the book!) Poor Chris was by himself and I don't think 80% of the people would have known how much work and knowledge he has put into the hobby.

(I have not been paid or affiliated with snake ranch for this shameless plug) just giving credit where due.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

....and to have his book stand located right next to NPWS after being instructed to remove all reference to their business name from their stand and clothing would have been a test of anybody's will!.......

Has NPWS stance on this been the same at this years previous expos?

+1

I witnessed confusion with at least one exhibitor because it was thought they were someone else due to all banners and references to business names having to be removed from exhibitors stands.

I heard unconfirmed rumour as to why this was the case and if correct it is extremely disappointing.

Its really poor form in my oppinion ,parks and wild life couldnt run a chook raffle . All is they care about is money these days, long gone is the NPWS when i was a young bloke in the early 1960s. If i sent them a request for posters of macropods or other animals they would just send it to me along with imformation requested because it was a public service. Now they are bunch of no nothins that sell their useless public services and spend their time looking at the internet so they can block sales, pretend things that are not and generally make a mess of things.

Last edited:
That was the story I heard.

Very disappointing. The irony is that they had a stand there themselves, and were keen to spruik commerical advertising rules, yet the person on their stand that I spoke to did not even know that the COPS existed, and went on to ask me to explain to her how they work and how they are applied in case others ask during the day.

Seems they are a little selective about the 'rules' they want to enforce. It is sad when large exhibitors like Snake Ranch have to put electrical tape across the 'Snake Ranch' names embroidered on their shirts at a Reptile Expo yet the very rules NPWS introduced for the (alleged) welfare of animals are not known by their own people who are there to advise current and future reptile keepers. Why am I surprised.....I really shouldn't be...

On a lighter note it was a great day and you guys should be proud of what you pull together each year.

Definitely a fact, they also requested license numbers to be displayed on the tables not just the licensees name. But the request was too late.
They make the expo hell for the organisers every year.

Has NPWS stance on this been the same at this years previous expos?

No ,previously businesses like snake ranch for example could display their banner, now because NPWS has gone into the pet shop licensing business to make a pathetic buck everyone is just an amatuer unless a commercial (paying to godfather NPWS) license holder.
It is a bit of fun when you can walk around and see the banners of sellers ,its democratic.

- - - Updated - - -

Well get stuck into them ,they dont do us any favours.

Definitely a fact, they also requested license numbers to be displayed on the tables not just the licensees name. But the request was too late.
They make the expo hell for the organisers every year.
I suppose that would help unlicenced sellers to be able to come up with a name and number, even if it wasn't theirs, if requested in the future!

Well get stuck into them ,they dont do us any favours.

Ever heard the saying dont argue with an idiot?
They have no logic and the power to shut down an expo as well, they may not do any favours but they can also make life a lot worse

I suppose that would help unlicenced sellers to be able to come up with a name and number, even if it wasn't theirs, if requested in the future!

Nothing at all wrong with sellers having to display a license, name and number ,thats the essence of a licensing system for most occupations.
Having people like snake ranch cover their logos and banners just takes a way from the atmosphere generally and is detrimental to their business dealings ,they are after all an employer .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back