Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for all the info, from what I have heard they sound interesting to keep.

Hi all,

thankyou for sharing your knowledge and pictures with us.
here is a couple of my personal favorites.

i keep mine in a variety of ways, tubs and terrariums.
i think my next colubrid will be a night tiger all your pics have got the juices flowing hahaha

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 148
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 159
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 148
regular ate feeder fish, good fish, guppies.
nope but I got fish in bulk. What about you?

I have never kept them as pets I had one in care for a few weeks and I just fed a couple of regular feeder fish. Been thinking of getting a colubrid maby a brown tree would be awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi guys and gals.
i keep a variety of colours of common tree snakes.
i keep mine in exo terras, UVA/heat basking globe and 5.0 UVB.
variety of fish and rodents for food.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 149
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 171
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    172.6 KB · Views: 150
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 145
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 208
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 157
Fantastic pics guys, love to see some
more pics and info on how you keep,breed, feed your colubrids.

Love your setup too. All very inspiring :)

I can't credit for the set-up in the photos. That belongs to Mason, of which I am quite envious.

As for the snakes, I can only really take credit for breeding the green one; I purchased the other two.

Last edited:
Hi Colubridlover, I figured I'd take you up on your offer and post some pics of my CTS Eden :)

View attachment 308005
^First time she ate at my place

View attachment 308006
^ First time I held her, excuse the dog-butt

View attachment 308007
^ Not too pleased being bothered while I clean her tank

Are the first and second black snakes you posted the same one? They're stunning! Also I love the "bathtime" pic, do you do that to help with shedding or do they seem to enjoy it? Mine basically ignores her water "bowl" (more like a baking dish) though I caught her drinking from it for the first time yesterday, so much cuteness!!! I'm wondering if an occasional swim in the bathtub would be good for her or if it would just stress her out, what do you think?

Do you catch your CTS staring at you? Mine is ALWAYS staring at me... like a stalker... a very cute stalker.

- - - Updated - - -

PS Could someone please tell me how to attach pics so they show on the page without you having to click on them? Thanks :)

Cheers [MENTION=27815]SniperCap[/MENTION] !

Photo by Mark Laita (maybe not a colubrid, just one of my faves) :)

Attachments

• snake-10.png
    snake-10.png
    75.7 KB · Views: 253
Bump

Bumping up Team Colubrid with some new pics of my GTS Eden :)

...oh and anyone know what the heck am I doing that's making my pics turn sideways?

Attachments

• photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 110
  • photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 118
  • photo 3.jpg
    photo 3.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 119
Someone asked about localities the other day. Here's a nifty one....
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

IMO

Here is a couple of pictures of my keelback that I have.
First is when I just got it:
View attachment 307067
The next one is around a years growth later:
View attachment 307069
And this last one is my most recent picture of it:
View attachment 307070
Awesome snakes to keep these guys. Need to track down a couple more eventually to breed them.
Cheers Cameron

Where does one get hold of a keel back? Id love one but i never see them for sale. Are they common? are many people breeding them?

I have posted these photos in a herping thread but want to post them here as well. I found these on the Gold Coast whilst herping.
u3y2eha2.jpg

ugynasyr.jpg
7u8a9a2u.jpg

naja5aha.jpg

tytatuda.jpg

ze2yzaga.jpg

yhe8y9yq.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where does one get hold of a keel back? Id love one but i never see them for sale. Are they common? are many people breeding them?
They are not a common species but not super rare either. The hardest part in getting them is tracking down a breeder of them. From what I know only a handful of people are breeding them. I got mine 2 years ago when I saw an add come up but I have not seen an add since then for them. There may be some come up for sale soon depending on how the breeder goes getting them feeding, but majority may have already been sold through word of mouth.
Cheers Cameron

these are pretty cute
10953_1268619320128_5922392_n.jpg

same type of cute but with attitude
558092_10201083964445799_1884316138_n.jpg

399816_10201114470168423_2084464247_n.jpg

941661_10201213719889604_582679896_n.jpg

nice little keelback
941467_10201542832917224_758857681_n.jpg

544441_10201743630097028_1784555954_n.jpg

Last edited:
Not me. [MENTION=39985]colubridlover[/MENTION] and any other colubrid peeps, is it normal for a CTS to spend more time in hiding during this season EVEN THOUGH you're keeping the temperatures the same? I'm on the Gold Coast and we've been getting a weird pattern of warm-freezing-rainy-warm and I'm wondering if the change in amount of daytime light is affecting her since I haven't been using the UVB lately.

She shed recently which I thought was the reason, but even since then she's been very secretive and she actually refused a feed yesterday (left it in overnight, no dice) so I'm a bit concerned. Thanks for any help...

Hi tiger,
What are you basking spot temps?
this time of year most snakes and pythons will be hiding away, I use UVB to create a day night period, a lot of people say not essential with tree snakes but I think UVB is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back