Humidity in her click clack?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Horn20

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

On Sunday afternoon, i picked up and brought my new albino CDP. She is beautiful, and seams to be settling in very well. Sway was quite agitated on sunday afternoon, as one would imagine, but is now busily trying to find an escape route, and is paying no mind to movement outside of her enclosure.
The thing is, her click clack is displaying a lot of condensation on the inside. the temp is running around 28-30 C, using a heat mat under about one third of the click clack. By mid day, there is condensation inside. the whole click clack has holes in the lid and is locked inside the enclosure that Sway will grow into later, (away from the kids, as they love her already and want to play with her).

I imagine that this amount of condensation is not optimal for her, and if so, any ideas to help combat this situation?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

3 days till her first feed here at home, can't wait....

Has it urinated in there ?... If so put fresh dry kitchen paper towel in

Have had this with all of my hatchies. Check for urine or spilt water. You will just have to wipe it out either way - doesn't take long. If it is water, Darwins don't mind it a little bit humid anyway as long as they aren't sitting in pools of water.

- - - Updated - - -

You may have the water container on the heat mat. If so, move it away from the heat or this will be a constant problem. Is the temperature you mention the floor temp or the air temp - if it's the air temp, the floor is probably too hot. The condensation points to too much heat somewhere.

You could offer food any time now - there is no need to be prescriptive about waiting times - most captive-bred babies will feed the first day you get them home if the enclosure environment suits them.

Jamie

I don't know anything about that snake but if it does get too much maybe look at the click clack how to thread and use the photo frame designe on the lid, it's a sticky thread just look through the different sections it will be up the top

Hello nice choice in snake,check all of the above,then what substrate are you using. I used paper towel at first but when i changed to repti-bark i had the same problem i was wiping down the click-clack twice a day for a week and i was able to leave one side of the lid ajar just to let the humidity escape. ( i was'nt working so was able to watch him for two hours or so a day lol). While they are in a click-clack just stick with paper towel or newspaper change every second day...Good luck....:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back