Skink and Frog ID (big pics)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

spud_meister

Reaction score
Went for a walk today near Bacchus Marsh, saw a whole bunch of tiny frogs and some pretty skinks. Not sure what they all are:

htkr.jpg

6pah.jpg

9w0h.jpg

saep.jpg

rmno.jpg

b5vk.jpg

nboz.jpg

2ei6.jpg

Last edited:
first frogs are litoria lesueurii, others are crinia signifera, skink is a garden skink l.guichenoti
good to see the frogs have bred again this year! They are at a real threat there with so many people swimming+picnicing at that spot.
Im not sure why they bask, its weird. But they become easy targets for kids everytime i go there :/

first frogs are litoria lesueurii, others are crinia signifera, skink is a garden skink l.guichenoti
good to see the frogs have bred again this year! They are at a real threat there with so many people swimming+picnicing at that spot.
Im not sure why they bask, its weird. But they become easy targets for kids everytime i go there :/

Thanks! I've only been there twice before, and in colder weather, today was great. I've never seen a garden skink with the bluish sheen to it before. The frogs were everywhere, I was trying to photograph some baby skinks running under the rocks and noticed all the little frogs hopping out from under my feet. Heaps of those grasshoppers (I think they're Yellow-winged Locusts) and I saw a Red Belly, but it got under a rock before I could get a pic.

Thanks! I've only been there twice before, and in colder weather, today was great. I've never seen a garden skink with the bluish sheen to it before. The frogs were everywhere, I was trying to photograph some baby skinks running under the rocks and noticed all the little frogs hopping out from under my feet. Heaps of those grasshoppers (I think they're Yellow-winged Locusts) and I saw a Red Belly, but it got under a rock before I could get a pic.
Argh! Ive been looking for redbellies there forever, i only catch copperheads there lol !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back