just had my pair of Coastal Carpets successfully hatch 11 babies

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Big-Rig

Reaction score
Hey guys. I'm really new to all this. I was never ever considering breeding snakes but it turns out I have a mated pair.

several months ago the female laid and has been very good at looking after her eggs so I left her to it. they are in an outdoor enclosure and are really a hardy pair.

anyway low and behold she sucxessfully hatched all her babies. we managed to retrieve 11 out of 21 eggs. I suspect the other 10 got out of the enclosure bwfore I got home from work.

I jave them all in the small chinese take away tubs with water and some paper towel over them. what the hell do I do now?

they all look very healthy.

Take pics and post them lol
Seriously, I would read a lot about raising them and wait for some-one a lot more experienced than I to answer ;)

Last edited:
I have pics but have no idea how to post them. maybe I havent posted enough to be allowed at rhis stage. it is really cool rho. didn't expect to be a dad again.

Perhaps let us know where you are and someone local may be able to assist. Congrats :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I agree [MENTION=17497]MrThumper[/MENTION] but I`m more concerned with 10 hatchy coastals possibly escaped into an area they are not naturally found. I realise most probably won`t survive but it seams a little irresponsible to me. Just my opinion.

Hey guys. I'm really new to all this. I was never ever considering breeding snakes but it turns out I have a mated pair.

several months ago the female laid and has been very good at looking after her eggs so I left her to it. they are in an outdoor enclosure and are really a hardy pair.

anyway low and behold she sucxessfully hatched all her babies. we managed to retrieve 11 out of 21 eggs. I suspect the other 10 got out of the enclosure bwfore I got home from work.

I jave them all in the small chinese take away tubs with water and some paper towel over them. what the hell do I do now?

Look for the other 10.

rhe orher 10 can't be found. my pair are in an outdoor enclosure so rhey are gone. rhe area is prolific with all kinds of wildlife including coastal carpets I'm sure but what can I say except learn from thos.

Depends where u live... Very vague answer

outwr brisbane

- - - Updated - - -

fuys despite the fact that you believe im irresponsible for allowing my snakes to hatch their own eggs. I came to this forum looking for a little help.

- - - Updated - - -

Have I come to the right place for help by joining this forum. Not a very warm welcome I am getting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back