Should I give my dragon something to sleep in?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Star_Cameron

Not so new Member
Reaction score
I've noticed lately that my beardie kind of nestles himself in amongst some pebbles I have in his tank, to sleep. I use some of that repticarpet stuff as the main flooring, and I just have some small stones in various places for some variety. He kind of hollows himself out a hole in the stones and sleeps there over night - so he's on the carpet, but surrounded by stones. He usually sleeps in amongst the rocks, or under his log (never in his cave, he's never liked hiding in there for some reason).

Do you think I should give him anything that's a bit more accommodating for him to dig/sleep in, and if so what would you recommend?

Thanks.

Mine has a small tent, but he sometimes has trouble with the zip on the sleeping bag.

Nah, that was a joke (he can use a zip just fine). Mine sleeps on top of his log, but I have a wooden roof over a glass aquarium, so he feels like nothing will eat him from above. I'd say yours is seeking camouflage for when he sleeps. If he's got a log and rocks, then he should be fine.

Ah kk, was just wondering whether it might have been a warmth thing or not, getting himself surrounded by stuff rather than being completely out in the open to retain heat. Camouflage makes sense though. Visualising the tent was pretty funny though xD

When mine was a baby she would sleep curled up in one of the fake plants. Now she just perches on a log, or occasionally under it.
Yours will find itself a comfy spot. some are happier in a hide cave, but they are individuals :)

Mine sleeps wherever he happened to be basking/eating when the lights go out. Even if that is halfway off his long onto his sand so it looks like he is doing pilates with his back legs and tail in the air. They don't really mind.

haha
I love looking at al the random poitions my beardie sleeps in.
They honestly fall asleep in the most uncomfortable places!

Mine are all over the place come lights our. Some crash out up on branches, some are already curled up in the cool end corner, some perched up on rocks, under hides or even some with belly on the wall or glass doors.

Rick

I just folded up an old singlet and gave it to my dragon to sleep on. She loves it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back