Herping Holiday Help

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AydanW

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, around June/July next year I'm going camping around Australia and as it's my first time out of NSW, i was looking at doing some herping. If anyone could provide me with a list or an idea of what kind of elapids/pythons im likely to encounter at each area it would be greatly appreciated:

Mildura, VIC
Adelaide, S.A
Marree S.A
William Creek via Lake Eyre
Coober Pedy S.A
Uluru
Various Road houses from Uluru -> Laverton W.A
Kalgoorlie W.A
Perth
Rottness Isld
Geraldtown W.a
Monkey Mia
Karratha W.A
Broome W.A
Gibbs RIver Road
Bungle Bungles
Katherine N.T
Darwin N.T
Devil's Marbles
Mt Isa Qld
Bourke N.S.W

I am aware of this, unfortunatly due to Uni commitments I'm unable to go any other time of the year. I was hoping to get lucky with a couple of warm days or warm enough that i may get something out of it

Come to Bali and play with king cobras???

At night we average over 5 snakes per hour walking

Thats a pretty comprehensive list youre chasing there Ayden, maybe pick up a field guide to australian reptiles and have a flick though. Or try searching hepring in "location" most of those areas probably have photographic guides on this forum.
Hope this helps though as Allthingsreptile pointed out it is a hard time of year if you want action...

Thanks for the links guys, sorry for the late reply ive been snowed under with work recently. Yeh a field guide is definitely the way to go, the internet was pretty useless in helping, especially for the smaller townships

- - - Updated - - -

Come to Bali and play with king cobras???

At night we average over 5 snakes per hour walking

Mate if i could afford to come over there for a few weeks i would absolutely love to

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back