Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

markannab

Reaction score
A friend emailed this. They filmed it today in their backyard near Byron. It's a .mov file which can be played using Media Player and is about 3.5Mb. The main bit is toward the end of the video. The download is safe. I've placed it on my work server: http://goo.gl/i1NxMz

Mark.

The friend emailed me just this minute to say the lizard did have a pink tongue. He was stunned for a few minutes then wandered off and the tree snake dropped to the ground and left as well.

I couldn't see anything at first, then I jumped when the woman talked.
So the lizard was trying to get snake?

No, the snake - coming in from the left of screen (you can see him as fairly dark) - was going for the lizard. The lizard, I believe, was just in a defensive position.

wow, took me about 3 goes of watching for me to be able to locate the snake early in the vid, pretty cool! big meal for the GTS if he wasn't foiled by the lizard's defense

Love the CTS mentality - don't mind biting off more than they can chew!

Your friend did well to spot the lizard. I'm assuming they noticed the snake first ...

The pink tongue is too big by the looks ,but wasnt taking any chances as the tree snake looked to be on the hunt., great footage.

Love the CTS mentality - don't mind biting off more than they can chew!

Your friend did well to spot the lizard. I'm assuming they noticed the snake first ...

I don't know which was sighted first, but they regularly have huge coastals pass through their garden so they're often on the lookout for wildlife.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back