That snake smell

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Beans

People might think I am weird, but snakes have this smell. I can't explain it, but there's no other smell like it. Kind of like horses. Nothing else smells like a horse, it's really unique.

I like the smell of a snake, Its very subtle but its there.

Anyone else?

(I have had a rather large glass of port so. Forgive me if I'm being le creepy)

Oh good I'm glad someone does xD Mum wasn't too happy when I was holding freya up to her face saying

Smell her! She has a unique smell!

you need to smell a Blind snake,pick it up and cradle it in your hands,then sniff

You are right, they do. Specially around day 5 after a feed lol....... Sorry couldnt resist lol But they do yes although I dont know whether I like it more than the horse smell ;) Hmmmm maybe? cant decide

lol, snakes do smell ok, but no where near as good as warm clean beardy,....!!!

lol crystal XD i was waiting for it :p

10153124_10152062882701298_1542346631_n.jpg

i had to add this. was too adorable hehe

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't say I have ever had the urge to sniff my snakes.

Little/young snakes have a pleasant inoffensive smell... Whereas larger snakes STINK their enclosure and my whole house out!!! 3yo jungle pooped during the day while I was out and when I came home the smell nearly knocked me out! Bigger snake = bigger poop!!!

I would put it in the catorgery of baby puppy breath or a full nappy (human baby).....mild but irritating :p

oh wait ... snake poo is not really that bad

Haha while the horse smell vs clean snake smell might be close in pleasantness, horse poo vs snake poo leaves no doubt whatsoever as to which one will clear a room first! Spent many years mucking out stables and never had an issue, but man my little Darwin is only 3 months old and yesterday's effort in the enclosure turned my stomach... It's getting worse as he is getting bigger!

I can handle all sorts of poo smells EXCEPT CATS make me almost vomit no idea why

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When we go hunting we often find bigger retics by the smell of the urine
It would knock over a brown dog without even trying

Seen some stinky fresh python sheds in my time.... But as Brownhash stated earlier, a regurge is possibly the worst smell relating to snakes I have experienced.

I think blue tongues have a great smell. I have often smelt them in peoples backyards, and then found them within minutes.

I also like the smell of a pythons uric acid deposits, and also a pythons shed skin (once it's dried out).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back