Big Snake, Small hides

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Classabear

Reaction score
I bought yet another snake today. She is another Coastal, but is 2 years old and is quite large.
She came with her enclosure, lighting, furnishings, etc.

On her arrival I was told her water bowl broke and needed to be replaced. I am temporarily using a Sistema tub (unknown size) to replace that. I have also noticed since getting her that her hides are far too small for her. I dont even think she could fit in them if they were both joined together. I don't get paid until next saturday and was wondering what I could do until then? I want her to feel secure and have the next few days to settle in and feel safe and comfortable in her new home,as much as I'd like to watch her all week. These are some pics of her, and her hides.

IMG_0542[1].jpgIMG_0542[1].jpgSorry for the bad lighting, but her 'hides' are directly next to that branch.. there are two...

You'd be surprised what they can fit inside but if you think they are definitely too small just use a cardboard box or something similar. Can't really tell from the pics what size the hides are.

A cheap bucket from Bunnings (usually $1) cut down to the right height and then a small hole for entry will work fine.

To give you an idea on how small they can squash this is my woma and his hide with my hand as a comparison.

re8uheqe.jpg
e4u2evem.jpg

Last edited:
My new Bredlii is 4 yo and 6 ft long and fits nicely into a hide that's about the size of half a soccer ball. An old shoe box will do until you can get something nicer or a cheap plastic pot from the $2 shop.

Thanks guys! i put an old pillow case in for now and she snuggled up in it last night. I'll see what else I can do today :D I am 100% possitive theyre way too small for her though

:) Thank you again

yeah my SWCP fits inside of a hide that's only a bit better than my hand span, i think she prefers smaller\tighter hides

a pillowcase would'nt make her feel secure as light gets through it easily, get a cardboard box or dark coloured bucket or pot...

a pillowcase would'nt make her feel secure as light gets through it easily, get a cardboard box or dark coloured bucket or pot...
I have put a big wheatbix box in there for her and she slithered into it as soon as did :) Lovely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back