Rodent room

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

swampie

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Bought this second hand cold room off gumtree a few weeks back and put it down the back yard to breed rodents in. Internal measurements are 2.8 m x 2.1 and the way I've set it up I can fit around 60 tubs in it which should easily house enough rodents to feed my little collection.
The only thing I need to do to it now is install a window rattler A/c to keep them cool in the warmer months and fill it with rodents...
The dodgy screen door is just a temporary fix that I knocked up to keep the dogs out till I get a proper one sorted, it serves it's purpose for now though.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 136
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 143
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 132
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 141
Last edited:
Mate I'm over Logan ways and we have had a few good dumps of rain.have heard Thursday is gonna b really wet too

Hey thumper, this will be purely to breed food for my own collection, I don't have any intention of breeding to sell, though if on the odd occasion I have excess to my needs I may decide to sell a few in the classified section from time to time.

Hey thumper, this will be purely to breed food for my own collection, I don't have any intention of breeding to sell, though if on the odd occasion I have excess to my needs I may decide to sell a few in the classified section from time to time.
Nice set up... Just be aware of the ammonia in the air... Maybe RSP can enlighten u more... U nay have to put move vents in

Hey geez, I have a fan vent in the wall, you just can't see it in the pics, plus it will never be closed up 24/7....... But thanks for the heads up..

Hey geez, I have a fan vent in the wall, you just can't see it in the pics, plus it will never be closed up 24/7....... But thanks for the heads up..
its just a wry when u hear of people that now have to suffer for the rest of there lives... Great set up I recon

"Swampie" you have seen my rodent rooms the a/c is for emergency hot days but my exhaust system does a complete air change every 58 seconds and a bedding change and clean every 7 days to keep it smell free. solar 17 ~B~

Hey B, much like your setup my room has plenty of ventilation as well as fans etc and should only require a/c on really hot days...

"Swampie" you have seen my rodent rooms the a/c is for emergency hot days but my exhaust system does a complete air change every 58 seconds and a bedding change and clean every 7 days to keep it smell free. solar 17 ~B~

It also keeps your quality absolutely spot on Baden... Simon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back