Warning: Really silly question...Enclosure help for Yearling Coastal.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Classabear

Reaction score
As many know, I adopted a female yearling Coastal a few days ago.
Upon purchasing, the owner told me she was due for an upgraded enclosure pretty soon, and so I am about to start planning ASAP before she gets overly big. I don't have measuring tape handy, so don't know the exact measurements, and am extremely bad at maths, and numbers for that matter. but am hoping if I explain the sizes, it would do. (Probably not, but worth a shot).

She is the normal weight and length of a female yearling coastal, and this is what she was housed in when I purchased her:
IMG_0530[1].jpgIMG_0532[1].jpg
At the time of taking the photo, she was curled up in the hide on the right hand corner. She fits pretty snug in there, so was wondering how soon would I need to (If it's possible to tell?) upgrade.

TL;DR If it isn't, What should the next enclosure size's measurements? Thinking of doing a DIY, depending on how soon I have. I will get my hands on measuring tape soon, hopefully.

Sorry for the really silly questions!
PS: I am aware the lamp doesn't have a protective cage on it at the moment. I do not use that bulb at all, it just just turned on for a couple of seconds to take the pic as it's too dark. I am heating her using a heat mat. I'm also aware the lock is the wrong way around, lol.

- - - Updated - - -

I know this is really silly, and i'm sorry, but i'm giving it a shot.

Although info is limited the cage should suffice until you can organise to build one

There are no silly questions. If you could get a pic of her out in the open it would benefit if you don't know her exact specs.

There are no silly questions. If you could get a pic of her out in the open it would benefit if you don't know her exact specs.

I'll try and get one today when she's out wandering. :)

ase4azu9.jpg

5u3ujede.jpg
gyda7u9e.jpg

These are the best shots of her I could get before she ran off back into her hide. Hope it helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

- - - Updated - - -

Bumping this thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
She should be fine in that size enclosure for at least the next 12 months just looking at her current size, if i may make a small suggestion she might benifit from something a bit more substantial to climb on, if you give her plenty of climbing property you are basicaly doubling her effective living area as Coastals are both Arboreal and terrestrial, mine is about 7ft long and weighs around 5.5 kilos and loves nothing more than to climb around on her branches. :) ...................................Ron

She should be fine in that size enclosure for at least the next 12 months just looking at her current size, if i may make a small suggestion she might benifit from something a bit more substantial to climb on, if you give her plenty of climbing property you are basicaly doubling her effective living area as Coastals are both Arboreal and terrestrial, mine is about 7ft long and weighs around 5.5 kilos and loves nothing more than to climb around on her branches. :) ...................................Ron

Hey Ron thanks so much :) I'm looking at upgrading her enclosure furnishing this weekend to a more decorative home. She came with the enclosure and all the contents, and I haven't changed it yet. Definetly be giving her more to climb on :) thank you!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back