I remember when

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

solar 17

It doesn't seem that long ago "approx" 14-15 years ago when womas were $2500.00 each and you sold out as soon as you put an add up on the "only" herp site operating and thats if they hadn't sold by word of mouth before hand and if you happened to have RHD womas well you got knocked down in the rush, now every 2nd woma is supposedly an RHD well that maybe so but "the originals" had spaced very spaced thin red banding and were stunners IMO, with my 1st. clutch producing 11 fertile eggs l thought wow how goods this and then when l incubated them over water everybody thought l was mad (a desert animal) it will never work, well yes it did and still does although a lot more excepted these days. solar 17 ~B~

High prices are the norm when a new species comes on the market.
Then when the market is flooded, prices have to drop.
Not herp related but White German Shepherds once upon a time were killed at birth in countries like the UK and USA as they were considered to be a fault.
Some breeders came to their senses and kept them, eventually breeding them.
When they reached our shores, breeders here were calling them RARE and prices were around 10,000 per pup. Now pups sell for around 1000.00.

I remember when it used to be cheap to buy rats, mice and crickets to feed your reptiles. How times have changed.....now I breed my own!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back