snake not eating

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

viper-prototype

Reaction score
hi guys i normally feed my clasic bredli python 1 jumbo rat every 2 weeks its been 2 weeks and i feed her on the last day of the 2 weeks and she did not show any intrest at all in the rent
so i made her wait another 3 weeks so its been 5 weeks since she has had a feed and she is still not showing any interest in the rat

If it's eating jumbo rats I’m assuming it’s an adult. 5 weeks is nothing for an adult python so there’s nothing to even start worrying about yet. Sometimes they just don’t feel like eating for a couple of weeks. This time of year is also when some snakes will start to naturally switch off.

Having said that, I’m sure that answer won’t satisfy you so some questions to consider would probably be: have you changed anything recently? What are the temperatures like? Where do you live? Has it started to cool down there?

With the weather changing it may be preparing to cool. They they can go off food for quite a while at this time of year. I wouldnt worry at this stage

shes 4 years old but i live in brisbane qld and i have set up a completely new enclosure for her but since she has been in the new enclosure for around 8 week she has been eating shes been in it for about 8 weeks now
View attachment 307837

I'd just leave the snake alone for a couple of months, even a jumbo rat every two weeks is way way more than a wild bredli would get. It may also be a male, in which case going off food now, for up to six months, is quite normal.

Jamie

Dont worry

hi guys i normally feed my clasic bredli python 1 jumbo rat every 2 weeks its been 2 weeks and i feed her on the last day of the 2 weeks and she did not show any intrest at all in the rent
so i made her wait another 3 weeks so its been 5 weeks since she has had a feed and she is still not showing any interest in the rat

I live in Brisbane and both of my snakes have started going off their food as well. I will not push them to eat much more than 1 per month till the end of winter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back