Cunningham Localities

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AllThingsReptile

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
As there isn't really that much info out there about cunning hams and their localities, i thought id start this thread.
I have an (unproven) pair or adult New England Cunninghams (the larger ones in the pictures), bought at this years VHS expo
I also have an unknown locality Cunningham, bought as a new born at the 2012 VHS expo (the smaller one)

These have huge differences in colour and pattern and got me wondering what other Cunninghams people have, considering these lizards have a pretty large distribution you'd expect there to be a fair few variations!
Anyway, chuck pics of your cunningham up!, including locality (if known)

2014-02-27 14.33.56.jpg2014-02-27 14.40.54.jpg2014-02-27 14.53.30.jpg2014-02-27 15.51.58.jpg2014-03-27 15.48.23.jpg2014-03-27 15.52.11.jpg2014-03-27 15.52.52.jpg2014-03-27 15.53.34.jpg

(btw, pics are off my phone, so they aren't the greatest)

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice new england form. I have 3 of the browns and 4 other less colourful new england ones.
Ive always referred to the brown ones as Western slopes cunninghams or Western browns. These ones are from queensland somewhere, I was told.
Out of curiosity are you mixing the smaller one with your pair?
View attachment 307868

Attachments

• IMG_1105.jpg
    IMG_1105.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:
nice, i expect my smaller one to look something like yours when full grown
and no, its got a separate enclosure and it will stay separated, when its an adult i may find a similar looking mate for it, but thats a while off

Good looking cunningham's everyone. I currently only have one new england cunningham so far that is a suspected female.
a89.jpg
Cheers Cameron

Ive found the coastal localities between sydney and gosford are a rusty red and black in colour and the ones inland, around goulbourn anyway are a beautiful golden colour. Ill post pics if I can find them

very nice! love that copper-orange on its back, mine are much darker, although they're more striped

keep em coming guys!

- - - Updated - - -

Ive found the coastal localities between sydney and gosford are a rusty red and black in colour and the ones inland, around goulbourn anyway are a beautiful golden colour. Ill post pics if I can find them

thanks for the info! :)

One of my Sydney's .
P1030687_zps78c1a102.jpg

P1030685_zpsbfddb9b1.jpg

Wow Rory, that is one hell of a nice looking cunningham. Ive seen the wild coastal Sydney sandstone ones, but none like that. They are more of a reddish / purple colour from what I remember

Wow Rory, that is one hell of a nice looking cunningham. Ive seen the wild coastal Sydney sandstone ones, but none like that. They are more of a reddish / purple colour from what I remember

You get a variety of differences in the colour and physique around the greater Sydney region. Some appear to be smaller than other populations but not exclisively and have longer tails. Thats pretty weird because you can get cunninghams of a couple of thousand mile range and there is very little variation. The ones on the islands off south Australia vary little from the ones at Bacchus Marsh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back