Is Luna hypo or just a good looking thick-tail?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reptiles101

Reaction score
IMG_2855_zpsbbee3e36.jpg

:D

Unfortunately I don't think she is hypo, although she still looks nice :D

Definately not a hypo.

9ugy8u7a.jpg

This is a light pair i have, i just call them blonde phase not hypo.

Rick

This is a "blond phase", looks very differant to your two hypos.

So your saying mine are hypo? They show the normal purples as well but are just really light. Nothing like my choc/purple female
8a5a9ahe.jpg

Rick

So your saying mine are hypo? They show the normal purples as well but are just really light. Nothing like my choc/purple female

Rick

Well this is a photo of my normal thick-tail. When put next to your two, they sure look to be hypo.

I just assumed all light U.milii were just a random thing. I didnt think they were actually hypomelanistic but more of a breeding/locale sorta thing.

I think most light U.milii get called "blonde" rathet then hypo, just due to not being able to prove otherwise.

Rick

If you ever have seen more than a few in the wild you will see the shade they come in varies immensely, while I would say RSP's is a hypo/blonde the rest on this page are nothing unusual when compared to wild-type variants

If you ever have seen more than a few in the wild you will see the shade they come in varies immensely, while I would say RSP's is a hypo/blonde the rest on this page are nothing unusual when compared to wild-type variants

Thanks mate. Didnt think i had anything too special, but they are definately a nice pair. Are you saying a hypo is a blonde and vice versa?

I think RSP used that photo of the light one from another thread.

Rick

This is one of my geckos, but it's a very old photo, so it's been used in other threads before.

Ah well you have two very nice looking ones then :)

I really love how there can be so much difference between locale's in different species of gecko. Even just with the photos in this thread they all just look so different.

Rick

Thanks mate. Didnt think i had anything too special, but they are definately a nice pair. Are you saying a hypo is a blonde and vice versa?

I think RSP used that photo of the light one from another thread.

Rick

It really depends on who you ask lol, personally I think they are two names for basically the same trait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back