Snakes wearing hats

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay this is a new low for "Reptile discussion" threads.. I think this is best suited for chit chat... MODS????

A pastie? Really? I can't imagine wanting to ever put a 'hat' on my snakes head, let alone a red sequinned nipple cover with a tassel...

I think some people should stick to furry friends. My dog loved wearing my scarves, and our grumpy old cat liked my sister dressing him up and pushing him around in a pram. Hated being picked up or 'cuddled' but would jump into the pram and purr madly while she dressed him in my baby clothes. Crazy cat.

Dogs and cats seem to have much better recognised signs for enjoyment or dislike. If a dog is enjoying something, it's easy to read. Should a cat be unhappy, you soon know all about it!

I think snakes tolerate people far too well, and as a result people enjoy giving them human traits and emotions.

The only things I can be sure that my snake 'likes' are: rats, a warm place to sleep after food, and a place to climb when he is ready to be fed again. Anything else is just me projecting human behaviours onto him.

Anyway that turned into a much bigger post than intended. I just meant to comment on how ridiculous it was to put a burlesque item on a reptiles head lol :p

Last edited:
yes... most animals that don't have arms or legs, do not like to have their heads touched or things put on them.

Oh lighten up people! Why so serious?! I think it's funny, stupid, but funny!!!

Wow come on, seriously? It's not like it's hurting them. You people are way too serious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Those snakes would be nothing but annoyed and frightened that they have had their heads grabbed and string wrapped around their neck all for the sake of a picture to full peoples internet self esteem. Poor things.

The two hognose's are called snowball and sledge and the cobra's name is Kora.
I follow both of the owners on instagram.

From what I remember only one was strapped around the head (I admit no need for the strap). The rest look like they couldn't give a rats behind. I'm sure your pets don't enjoy been pulled out of the warm cozy enclosure and handled and passed around to your friends or pulled out for photo shoots or living in a plain enclosure with just newspaper and a bowl. I could go on. All the snakes look well cared for plump. Get over it and lighten up. People just love to winge over nothing sometimes. Geeze

Someone with far too much time on their hands I think...

Jamie

I remember the pics of reptiles with hats being posted ages ago and found it cute/funny... What I find annoying is sooo many fluff threads from one member. Seriously, stick to Facebook.

I remember the pics of reptiles with hats being posted ages ago and found it cute/funny... What I find annoying is sooo many fluff threads from one member. Seriously, stick to Facebook.

Haha serious herpers only hey? Lol

Something about empty vessels comes to mind here...

J

Empty vessels can only be made more full. Snakes in hats is not my thing but obviously it appeals to some.

Empty vessels can only be made more full. Snakes in hats is not my thing but obviously it appeals to some.

For me, anyone who thinks this is funny to do with anything other than another human is a total lightweight, and it absolutely demeans any animal upon which it is inflicted, whether it's a dog, cat or snake. It's fine to let humans humiliate each other, but when it comes to making animals look stupid, I draw the line.

Andy, your suggestion that "empty vessels can only be made more full" means you must be an eternal optimist. It's the same as saying there's no such thing as a stupid question... indeed there is mate, and they're often asked by people who have no business keeping any sort of animal.

The OP has developed an unenviable profile in the short time she's been here.

Jamie

[MENTION=1228]Pythoninfinite[/MENTION] so not only are you wary of people giving their pythons weird names but you also have a problem with dressing up and demeaning animals for our own pleasure... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back